Jabronie marks work themselves into a shoot -- at the Oscars and on Blitz

Character actors loose their sense of self after years of portraying someone else. Comedians keep it pretty real so I thought rock should be grounded enough to wear it (he did) and smith likewise to apologise (pathetic effort).

I think the overarching issue here is the fresh prince was probably in the process of sussing out who in the the audience was performing in this seasons “beast with two backs” with his mrs.

It’d make anyone snap.

1 Like

I ask myself who watches this ■■■■ anyway…and why? Like do we actually live in their world?
Nat Barr found out when she was stiffed when trying to interview these (let’s get real) Wankers at the Academy Awards.

Yet I don’t think she realized that as much as she gets stiffed by these wankers, she gives any of us same in the real world too, for the response, we don’t live in their world. Therefore who gives a ■■■■. For entertainment? Courtney Act would have done a far better job!

How many of those jokes did he laugh at?
The ones he laughed at he found funny, those he didn’t laugh at he felt something else, perhaps offended.

Very few

So because the subject of the joke didnt find it funny, its not a joke?

Not sure I agree with you on this one CJ

1 Like

l am not asking you to agree with me. Are they really jokes if they are made at the expense of someone they target?

I would say 99% of jokes make fun of someone. Or that punchline is at someone’s expense.

So, the answer is yes.

1 Like

Yes of course they are jokes. Many jokes are made at peoples expense, and they are very frequently funny.

I find it bizzare that this is even up for debate

I am afraid l am not making myself very clear. Of course most jokes have a target, but those jokes that target a physical condition and are designed to ridicule or slight the person they are aimed at, aren’t funny.

In your opinion. Which is fine.

And the joke was about her have a shaved head, not about her problem.

Rock said he didn’t even know she had it. Which is besides the point.

Seems to me he picked a soft target.

An unbelievably wealthy actress/model??

Someone with a physical condition he could have easily found out about, with a question or two.

He didn’t make fun of her condition.

He acknowledged she had a shaved head.

Lots of women shave their heads now.

It was the most banal joke.

3 Likes

Imagine asking someone prior to making a joke whether there is a reason they may be offended about the joke. Again, not sure how comparing someone to a #strongindependentfemale is an insult or derogatory or even likely to cause offence, whether they have alopecia or not.

Seriously need to get over themselves if they are.

1 Like

It would be like if one of the actors had an eye-catching, big bushy beard. And Rock said “I look forward to the Grizzly Adams documentary.”

It’s a silly, off-hand joke. There is no malice.

It would be like Mrs The Rock having a condition where her hair grows very thick and saying ‘I look forward to the Grizzly Adams documentary.’

In front of Dwayne Johnson.

I don’t think you would do that.

Im embarrassed we are even having this conversation tbh.

1 Like

It’s not though.

He wouldn’t say that.

It is, and of course he wouldn’t and he shouldn’t have said what he did.

How embarrassment, l won’t joke about it.