Jabronie marks work themselves into a shoot -- at the Oscars and on Blitz

Well to be clear, if I haven’t been already, I’m not applauding him.

By actors, sure.

Chris Rock has a lot of sway and a lot of friends in the comedy world. They are all gonna slowly dissect the Smith’s over a long time for this. I’ve already heard some scathing roasts.

1 Like

You know what I mean, though.

I don’t think anyone whose opinion is worth listening to, has applauded him.

But, some idiots do value other idiots’ opinions.

Literally thought another 52yo must have fallen off the perch when I saw all the unread messages here, but no.

1. Rock shouldn’t have said it
  2. Smith shouldn’t have responded the way he did.

I mean originally I thought this must have been deliberately staged to actually get people talking about the Oscars, but it turns out it was just humans being humans, and screwing up.

1 Like

Yeah, but there’s not much you can do about that.

1 Like

Can we get this thread back on track? Take it to the movies thread.

1 Like

The whole thing was fake to drum up views for the Oscars.

Made in Hollywood for Hollywood to help sell Hollywood.

1 Like

Since ScoMo has chimed in with “I’m also fiercely defensive of anyone who would say anything about Jenny too”, the politics thread would seem to be the place for it…

Oh no you don’t… bringing Scomo into this. That’s further derailing the thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All the fake tough guys come out. It’s not surprising.

1 Like

Really?

Well I reckon, if you start making jokes about Irish people, then perhaps you need to know if there are any Irish in the room.

no you dont

What about if you start telling jokes about indiginous Aussies ?

Not sure it really matters what enthicity they are, so long as they are not racist jokes

Not really sure where you’re going with racist jokes, unless you’re trying to say some jokes aren’t okay.
Which is a reasonable point to make as far as it goes, but only broadly.

1 Like

Is it OK to tell jokes about irish but not about aboriginal aussies ?

Context, as always, matters.

1 Like