Jack Watts

Would trade Melk for him.

Watts spent a lot of time with Jobe the last couple of years. I am told they've developed a strong professional friendship.

Jobe can do better

Tambling cost #30 and #51. Given our complete dearth of talls beyond Hooker/Hurley/JD, I'd consider it if he's cheap. Hell, if nothing else plonk him as our 3rd tall back, play Gwilt as one of our smaller backs and try Gleeson in the midfield. At least Watts has height and good disposal.
Watts isn't a KPP, and while he occassionally does OK playing small he still looks mediocre doing that quite often as well from what I've seen. The only place I've seen him look consistently OK was 3rd tall, if we got him it should be to complete with Gwilt in that position because we have delisted Steinberg and Pears. Key positions really shouldn't come into the discussion when talking about those four if we are serious about list management this year.

These aren’t the droids you’re looking for

I'd almost like us to pick him up just so I can see the reaction in the match-day thread when he squibs a contest.

Or he would do something sensational and I’d change my username to jackwattsq2r3s2016blindturn

I’d take him for a pick we weren’t going to use anyway. A free swing. Think he has talent, may not ever fulfil it though.

Essington, where former number 1 picks go to die.

Offer him a year on the proviso he gets a sensible haircut

I'd take him for a pick we weren't going to use anyway. A free swing. Think he has talent, may not ever fulfil it though.

Yep. Under those circumstances you’d definitely have a go.

what’s a “strong professional relationship”?

Offer him a year on the proviso he gets a sensible haircut

And a shave!
Along with the added stipulation never to make the lamest attempt at a hipster beard in history, ever again.

I’d rather have Hardingham.

I'd rather have Hardingham.

Your sexual preferences are not really relevant Soulnet.

wink

wink

*blush

what's a "strong professional relationship"?
Watts on Watson
Watts on Watson

#Wats-on-Watts

Watts to the power

Well we need talls, and need talls badly. Howe is only 190cm, I know he can jump over the moon but he is still not big enough to be a KPP. He is in that midrange height bracket with Pears and Stein.

Watts is 196 athletic, and very skillful. But its all downhill from there. He is as week as water, and can’t read the play at all. If Paul Roo’s still cant get decent consistent footy out of him. He is a lost cause.
Id rather get a second round pick for Melk and pick up brown in the draft, with that pick or a latter one.

At the end of the day we need a ready made KPP, plus one or two to develop.