Jack Watts

Give the guy a chance. I think he needs a different environment. Not saying us but it maybe the best for both Melbourne and him to move on.

Different environment, like a netball club?

Carlisle for Watts and their second pick?
We would do that in a heartbeat, Melbourne probably not.

No. We wouldn’t

Dear god, no. Just no.

Hideous.

Hideous.

I agree but worth contemplating as a genuine possibility. I could’ve said Bruce and pick 5 but that’s probably for a different kind of thread

As in the never gonna happen (and probably Bruce and pick 5) thread

Could be handy out on a wing I reckon.

*if he grew even a small pair of nads

Same argument I made for Brad Green

As in the never gonna happen (and probably Bruce and pick 5) thread

That’s about as likely to happen as Watts + 2nd rounder for Carlisle (I Hope)

Richard Tambling mark II.

Tambling went from Richmond to Adelaide and was worse.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

No.

I’m actually for the Melksham swap.

Anybody watch Tom Lynch for Adelaide this year? Lead the AFL for goal assists I think as that up the ground leading marking link man. In terms of attributes you would think that these 2 are virtually the same.

That role is something that we have been lacking this year too. That transition between half back to the forward 50 has been our biggest weakness…our own Tom Lynch success story would go a long way in fixing our ball movement issues IMO. Sure we have other options for this role with Langford and Laverede but really we would love to eventually have them winning clearance after clearance in the centre.

For some reason I don't feel as instantly dismissive of this idea as I usually do.

If he went from the “still could be our saviour” role he has to Melbourne to “half back pleb” role for us, it miiiiiight give him a bit of a rocket up the anoos. That being said, we’ve spun up a few reds on FA pickups so we’re probably due for a black.

I kind of agree which is weird, give him one role week in week out, beat your man. Neeld would love to work with Jack again in a more hands on role I’m sure.

It just a worry if he is genuinely scared of the contest or is it confidence? Despite his failings any player to have copped it openly and daily must have some good resilience. I cannot recall him sooking like Jake Carlise.

Tambling cost #30 and #51. Given our complete dearth of talls beyond Hooker/Hurley/JD, I’d consider it if he’s cheap. Hell, if nothing else plonk him as our 3rd tall back, play Gwilt as one of our smaller backs and try Gleeson in the midfield. At least Watts has height and good disposal.

We will get him as part of the WADA supplements punishment.

No thanks.
He’s 24 years old.
He’s done all the learning he’s ever going to do to improve himself. He had ■■■■ coaching and a ■■■■ club that just didn’t know how to develop players. It was a ‘throw them in an ocean full of sharks and see if they can swim’ type of culture and it farked Watts and a few others up along the way.
The level of play he is at is most likely the best he’ll ever get.

In a good team, his weaknesses won’t be so glaring. But also, in a good team, it won’t take long for someone younger to overtake him. He’d be a fringe player at a good team.
In a bad team like ours, he’d be found out more often than not.

Pretty sure he sleeps with the light on.

I’d almost like us to pick him up just so I can see the reaction in the match-day thread when he squibs a contest.

Could be goddard type player needs to be in good team to play well

Habib pls.

the Neeld connection.

Jobe was a late bloomer, so was Ted Richards - both former private school boys. Perhaps the same destiny awaits Jack. Get him in the gym and he could make the grade.

Richards wasn’t a late bloomer.
He just wasn’t given a fair go at Essendon so he left. He walked into a premiership winning side from 05 and played 22 plus games for the next 3 years running.