Jake King at it again

Put him behind bars before he hurts someone.

These bikie types can snap without warning. Before you know it a hot latte has been thrown all over an innocent bystander.

Love the sub heading "king secretly meets bikie boss"! Yeah, really clandestine - At the docklands. King is an annoying little sh*t but surely this is a massive infringement on his privacy.,..

I donā€˜t have a problem with the club pulling the player aside and saying they are concerned who he is mixing with and to advise him to be careful. They can make it clear that if he gets caught up in some direct trouble as a result of this association then the club will not be supportive and heā€˜ll be out. blah blah. Ā  Itā€˜s then up to the player. He can say Ć¢ā‚¬Å“mate, thanks for your concern, and I appreciate it, but we are only catching up for a chat over a cup of single origin Fairtrade organic coffee together and thatā€˜s it.Ć¢ā‚¬Ā Ā 

Ā 

If he oversteps the legal line then he cops it. Otherwise he can do as he pleases.

Ā 

Ā 

oh yeah ..... Ā flog

I donā€˜t have a problem with the club pulling the player aside and saying they are concerned who he is mixing with and to advise him to be careful. They can make it clear that if he gets caught up in some direct trouble as a result of this association then the club will not be supportive and heā€˜ll be out. blah blah. Ā  Itā€˜s then up to the player. He can say Ć¢ā‚¬Å“mate, thanks for your concern, and I appreciate it, but we are only catching up for a chat over a cup of single origin Fairtrade organic coffee together and thatā€˜s it.Ć¢ā‚¬Ā Ā 

Ā 

If he oversteps the legal line then he cops it. Otherwise he can do as he pleases.

Ā 

Ā 

oh yeah -.... Ā flog

Richmond have made their own bed here.

Ā 

If they'd said ^that^ at the start, in public and private, then there's no issue.

Ā 

There are plenty of players (I'm sure) who have mates or brothers etc who have either been in trouble themselves (BJ's bro comes to mind, did or still doing a stretch IIRC) or 2nd degree associated with people who have.

Ā 

Not *much* of an issue IMHO, but you don't really want the situation where Fev is sitting injured in the stands next to Alphonse Gangitano or half the Weagles list rocks up to that WA dealer's funeral. That sort of stuff is pushing it a bit far.

Ā 

Ā 

But Richmond, no doubt at CAWO's behest, stepped out & wagged the finger, told him off in public. So now they've got to be seen to live up to it.

Ā 

No doubt CAWO will contrive a moral line to support them whichever way they go, whether it's a backflip or not.

The potential to compromise players and/or club is too great.

Ā 

King and club should know better.

Ā 

Yep.
Can't believe he lives in Northcote...maybe he's the undie snatcher?

What a sad world (country) we live in
One where you can be accused of being a criminal purely on the basis of proximity
By that token every Colombian must be a drug dealer because odds are they went to school or lived on the same street as one
Heck, I must be an outlawed bikie because there is a clubhouse down the road!

Who is accusing King of being a criminal?

Ā 

One where you can be accused of being a criminal purely on the basis of proximity
By that token every Colombian must be a drug dealer because odds are they went to school or lived on the same street as one

Ā 

tinhillterror.... heĀ just accused him of stealing undies.

tinhillterror.... heĀ just accused him of stealing undies.

Plus he may have been charged for threatening to kill someone?
You start to add this sort of behaviour with hanging out with Bikies and then it doesn't paint a great picture of his sense of right from wrong. (I'm a clean skin as you can tell)

Ā 

Ā 

Yep.

Ā 

The charges would have been contained in the ...... legal briefs...
Ā 
Ā 
And his lawyer would have asked Ā to have him placed on a good behaviour Bonds...
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Yep.

And his lawyer would have asked to have him placed on a good behaviour Bonds...

Gee, string more puns together Doe, I dare ya.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yep.

And his lawyer would have asked to have him placed on a good behaviour Bonds...
Ā 

Gee, string more puns together Doe, I dare ya.

Ā 

You mean carry on like the town jock and make people will get their knickers in a knot.Ā 
nah, thatā€˜s not me.

Who gives a ā– ā– ā– ā– ? This is just a pathetic excuse of a news media trying to conjure up fake outrage to sell papers.

Who gives a ****? This is just a pathetic excuse of a news media trying to conjure up fake outrage to sell papers.

It was the lead story on the Ch.7 news last night too, journalism at its finest.

How about society start telling employers that there is work time, and private time, and they have absolutely zero say over your private time. This employer invasion of life is just out of control. They are the people you work for, not your mother.

I actually disagree from the football point of view. I'm not sure if other employees do it but I feel there is a need to distinguish the two cases.

Ā 

Given how easily these young dickheads can be influenced with 44 young impressionable blokes hanging out 7 days a week I don't think it's unreasonable to not want a former (and at the risk of being presumptuous, possibly current) criminal influencing a guy who is then going to be a huge influence and "leader" at their club. Especially if there have been transgressions on the part of the bloke or King that we may not be privy to.

Ā 

Who gives a ****? This is just a pathetic excuse of a news media trying to conjure up fake outrage to sell papers.

It was the lead story on the Ch.7 news last night too, journalism at its finest.

Ā 

I only heard about it due to Jon Ralph going on a 'what about the kids' rant on twitter. With all the serious crap going on in the world today the fact this is a lead story on 7 news is laughable. A dumbed down news show for a dumbed down Country.

Problem is, most of the 'journos' arne't interested in footy anymore, they're only interested in this sort of thing.

Problem is, most of the 'journos' arne't interested in footy anymore, they're only interested in this sort of thing.

No, these Journos don't know anything about football so they have to push these stories. They don't know how to talk about what happens on the field from siren to siren. They can talk about a game plan, or evaluate a roster.

Journo's not understanding football. I call it theĀ Caro Paradigm. Can't report on the game itself so find something else to fill the page.