Jake King at it again

If it was ok for Caaaaaarlton to have one of Australia’s biggest criminals running the club, supported no doubt by the AFL executive, I think it’s a bit hypocritical for us to be up in arms about an average player hanging out with someone who might be interested in selling drugs, PEDs and match fixing. Richmond deserve it.

Problem is, most of the 'journos' arne't interested in footy anymore, they're only interested in this sort of thing.

No, these Journos don't know anything about football so they have to push these stories. They don't know how to talk about what happens on the field from siren to siren. They can talk about a game plan, or evaluate a roster.

Yeah and it's not like it's been a quite off season or anything.....there's ASADA ...and ummm socks! ;)

Ages ago on some yanky motorbike tv  show ,they featured Jake King with a customised motorbike that he had specially built.

He likes  motorbikes & has bikie mates .So what ?

That's his interest outside footy & the club should just bugger off & leave him alone. None of their business who he hangs around with.

What a sad world (country) we live in
One where you can be accused of being a criminal purely on the basis of proximity
By that token every Colombian must be a drug dealer because odds are they went to school or lived on the same street as one
Heck, I must be an outlawed bikie because there is a clubhouse down the road!

Who is accusing King of being a criminal?
He's from Heidelberg West.
Born implicated.

If it was ok for Caaaaaarlton to have one of Australia's biggest criminals running the club, supported no doubt by the AFL executive, I think it's a bit hypocritical for us to be up in arms about an average player hanging out with someone who might be interested in selling drugs, PEDs and match fixing. Richmond deserve it.

If he thinks hanging around with King is a ringing endorsement ... Then I am worried about fraud.

Ages ago on some yanky motorbike tv  show ,they featured Jake King with a customised motorbike that he had specially built.

That's his interest outside footy & the club should just bugger off & leave him alone. None of their business who he hangs around with.

So you don't believe in clubs  being supportive of players outside of actual football related taskes ?

I tend to half agree, they or the afl morality police shouldn't win out, however you've also gotta be honest and upfront about all of this, and let the player know if you want to hang around people like this, that's your choice, but ther'es a higher likelyhood that you won't be playing for the club, if there's even a wiff of something untoward.

whether it's fair or not, or the role model debate it's irrelevant, cos you're arguing against something that isn't going to change.

so you have to work within the boundaries footballers have, and again whether you, I or anyone thinks it's wrong or unfair, the afl and clubs don't, and they will be the ones who can your ■■■■ on a bad look, above and beyond what's "fair".

Above anything else, he is not that good of a player to be flaunting the clubs wishes, cos yes while he may be a spirited lil bugga, he isn't that talented, and would be easily replaceable, in most facets, bar probably grunt work.

Again whether you or anyone doesn't like it, it's a simply situation he has in front of him. He can continue to be a footballer, and enjoy the luxuries that brings him, or he can continue to associate with one person

who could end his career.

doesn't seem like a hard choice really, so I'd expect him to continue to hang out with said bad influences, and be sacked sooner rathr than later, cos he obviously isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

The club can be supportive of the player with issues outside the game ,but King hasn`t done anything wrong & the bikies haven`t caused any strife for either he or the club ,have they ? It just sets a precedent for all clubs that they dictate the personal lives of all players too much & won`t allow a player to make his own decisions.

The only problem I see is if Richmond play up in QLD & his buddies turn up to watch the game. He could be arrested by the cops under the new  anti-association laws just for talking to them. If anyone has read the legislation on that stuff ( I have read some of the 166 page document ) , you will see how easy that can happen. The laws are so strict ,that I don`t think they even allow you to have soap on a rope !!! 

So you don't believe in clubs  being supportive of players outside of actual football related taskes ?

Telling you who is and isn't allowed to be your friend is not supportive, it is dictatorial interference in your private life. What's next; sorry mate but your missus isn't a hollywood glamour type, so don't bring her to the b&f, it'll bring down the standard of the pics from the night.

where the heck are the players association? 

oh.... that's right, they'll wait til the afl tell them what to think.

Ages ago on some yanky motorbike tv show ,they featured Jake King with a customised motorbike that he had specially built.
He likes motorbikes & has bikie mates .So what ?

So you don't believe in clubs being supportive of players outside of actual football related taskes ?
Telling you who is and isn't allowed to be your friend is not supportive, it is dictatorial interference in your private life. What's next; sorry mate but your missus isn't a hollywood glamour type, so don't bring her to the b&f, it'll bring down the standard of the pics from the night.
Unfortunately football is a big business now and you know what you are in for when you sign up. Some of these players are not rocket scientists so they either conform with club rules and live a life of luxury or they would be in the line at centerlink.
We have already seen clubs with a zero alcohol policy during the year which is in itself a major invasion of privacy and last year Bernie Vince was ordered by the Crows to cease playing country cricket which he is very good at and has played at his families club all his life.
Its a hard one, players do need some relief in life and yes I believe clubs have overstepped the mark but I think they have the upperhand.
Would of hated to see the headlines if it was an Essendon player hanging out with said bikie

Ages ago on some yanky motorbike tv show ,they featured Jake King with a customised motorbike that he had specially built.
He likes motorbikes & has bikie mates .So what ?

So you don't believe in clubs being supportive of players outside of actual football related taskes ?
Unfortunately football is a big business now and you know what you are in for when you sign up. Some of these players are not rocket scientists so they either conform with club rules and live a life of luxury or they would be in the line at centerlink.
We have already seen clubs with a zero alcohol policy during the year which is in itself a major invasion of privacy and last year Bernie Vince was ordered by the Crows to cease playing country cricket which he is very good at and has played at his families club all his life.
Its a hard one, players do need some relief in life and yes I believe clubs have overstepped the mark but I think they have the upperhand.
Would of hated to see the headlines if it was an Essendon player hanging out with said bikie
Essendon player brings Bikie Gang into disrepute

How ridiculous. I hope Jake King is able to sue in some manner. Fair for Richmond to say, we don’t want him at the club, but if King wants to hang around with a criminal, its his perogative. Its this bullshit obsesdion media has with gangsters/footballers, hence one can imagine the wanking that occured when they found this. He’s a grown man, not a baby.

Can't have any association with these blokes.

Blackmail and extortion are their specialites.

Young people do dumb things and once they have something on you, you owe them.

This is why they have to put their foot down, unfortunately it's for the good of the game

This is why they have to put their foot down, unfortunately it's for the good of the game

This is what they do.

Also, we don‘t know if King actually agreed; if he lied to the club rather than simply telling them to nick off, that‘s a different offence.

How ridiculous. I hope Jake King is able to sue in some manner. Fair for Richmond to say, we don't want him at the club, but if King wants to hang around with a criminal, its his perogative. Its this bullshit obsesdion media has with gangsters/footballers, hence one can imagine the wanking that occured when they found this. He's a grown man, not a baby.

As has ready been posted it is illegal in QLD and SA to associate with these blokes and you face jail if caught. This law in SA came about thanks to numerous drive by's and attempts on certain bikers lives multiple times and innocent people getting caught up in it. Hasn't Mitchell been fired upon a few times already? If King was hurt whilst in the company of this bloke imagine the flak Richmond would cop for not doing enough
I think the issue for Richmond is that he has been told repeatadly to stay away from him and has continually disobeyed the club, cant imagine Dimma being happy with him

The potential to compromise players and/or club is too great.
King and club should know better.

Yep.
Can't believe he lives in Northcote...maybe he's the undie snatcher?
The charges would have been contained in the ...... legal briefs...
And his lawyer would have asked to have him placed on a good behaviour Bonds...
Y Front the court?

How ridiculous. I hope Jake King is able to sue in some manner. Fair for Richmond to say, we don't want him at the club, but if King wants to hang around with a criminal, its his perogative. Its this bullshit obsesdion media has with gangsters/footballers, hence one can imagine the wanking that occured when they found this. He's a grown man, not a baby.

As has ready been posted it is illegal in QLD and SA to associate with these blokes and you face jail if caught. This law in SA came about thanks to numerous drive by's and attempts on certain bikers lives multiple times and innocent people getting caught up in it. Hasn't Mitchell been fired upon a few times already? If King was hurt whilst in the company of this bloke imagine the flak Richmond would cop for not doing enough
I think the issue for Richmond is that he has been told repeatadly to stay away from him and has continually disobeyed the club, cant imagine Dimma being happy with him

Lucky King is in Victoria then isn't it. Not quite gulags here yet.

Lucky King is in Victoria then isn't it. Not quite gulags here yet.
Correct you are.
We only grow copious ammounts of cannabis and stuff bodies in barrels over here lol