Jake King at it again

Ages ago on some yanky motorbike tv  show ,they featured Jake King with a customised motorbike that he had specially built.

He likes  motorbikes & has bikie mates .So what ?

That's his interest outside footy & the club should just bugger off & leave him alone. None of their business who he hangs around with.

So you don't believe in clubs  being supportive of players outside of actual football related taskes ?

Telling you who is and isn't allowed to be your friend is not supportive, it is dictatorial interference in your private life. What's next; sorry mate but your missus isn't a hollywood glamour type, so don't bring her to the b&f, it'll bring down the standard of the pics from the night.

depends on the context really, I mean if he was an alcoholic and hanging around alcoholics, in a bar, is that any different ?

again whether we like it or not, the afl is now about image as much as it is substance. Rule 1 is don't get caught.

I mean if he was that desperate to hang out with certain people, there's plenty of ways he could do it, where the risk of being found out by either club or the media, would be lessened. Instead he does it in the open, in public.

And for the other poster, king wouldn't be able to sue if he is let go, for the same reason we decided it wasn't worth trying to stand up in court cos the rule "bringing the game into disrepute" is left open to interpretation so it can be enforced under any and all interpretations.

ftr I couldn't care less who he or anyone hangs out with, he's stupid for doing it in a public way IMO, and unfortunately pointing out that it's unfair or the like is somewhat pointless cos thems the rules to which you abide by if you want to be employed as a professional footballer. If anyone doesn't like it, I'm guessing the club and afl will be glad to point out to them that they don't have to play football.

Are they the rules though?

Not sure anyone on this board has seen a players contract.

It would be pretty funny if Carlscum or Lollingwood grabbed a guy with pick 1 in the draft we then reads his contract and goes. “You know what I don’t think I want to play professional footy in going back to the bush”

The potential to compromise players and/or club is too great.
King and club should know better.

Yep.
Can't believe he lives in Northcote...maybe he's the undie snatcher?
The charges would have been contained in the ...... legal briefs...
And his lawyer would have asked to have him placed on a good behaviour Bonds...
Y Front the court?
And Jake King is a skidmark so it all fits well

Of all the things a club could pull someone up on it's a player (who as far as I can tell has no off field issues or indiscretions) hanging out with someone the club deems "unsociable"
Maybe they should worry less about Jake King and more about keeping Dustin Martin out of jail

Anyone at Avicii at the showgrounds last night? Not sure we should be commenting on Martin. Few bombers players there and I was staggered at their behaviour. You would think they would be a little smarter given everyone was watching them. One player in particular would want to pull his head in or he may well end up with Dusty. Fkn idiots is all I'll say.

Most AFL players are knobs

Hmmm the only Essington player I can recall meeting outside a club function type thing is Heath Hocking. And he couldn’t get a word in over his old man lol

Of all the things a club could pull someone up on it's a player (who as far as I can tell has no off field issues or indiscretions) hanging out with someone the club deems "unsociable"
Maybe they should worry less about Jake King and more about keeping Dustin Martin out of jail

Anyone at Avicii at the showgrounds last night? Not sure we should be commenting on Martin. Few bombers players there and I was staggered at their behaviour. You would think they would be a little smarter given everyone was watching them. One player in particular would want to pull his head in or he may well end up with Dusty. Fkn idiots is all I'll say.
Certainly agree that anyone who went to Avicii should have a good, hard look at themselves.

Are they the rules though?
Not sure anyone on this board has seen a players contract.
It would be pretty funny if Carlscum or Lollingwood grabbed a guy with pick 1 in the draft we then reads his contract and goes. "You know what I don't think I want to play professional footy in going back to the bush"

not sure, as you're right haven't seen a player contract. Merely going by drawing the dots.

Remember Cousins wasn't punished by the club or for strikes against the drug code, he was done for bringing the game into disrepute.

So I'm guessing that apart of the registration process players accept with the AFL, they'd have something in there about it. but yes it's an educated guess, but with all the way the commission run the game based on image,

How ridiculous. I hope Jake King is able to sue in some manner. Fair for Richmond to say, we don't want him at the club, but if King wants to hang around with a criminal, its his perogative. Its this bullshit obsesdion media has with gangsters/footballers, hence one can imagine the wanking that occured when they found this. He's a grown man, not a baby.

As has ready been posted it is illegal in QLD and SA to associate with these blokes and you face jail if caught. This law in SA came about thanks to numerous drive by's and attempts on certain bikers lives multiple times and innocent people getting caught up in it. Hasn't Mitchell been fired upon a few times already? If King was hurt whilst in the company of this bloke imagine the flak Richmond would cop for not doing enough
I think the issue for Richmond is that he has been told repeatadly to stay away from him and has continually disobeyed the club, cant imagine Dimma being happy with him

Does getting shot in the crossfire count as "association"?

Let's be clear - you have misrepresented the laws somewhat there. I think those laws are disgusting, but what you described isn't right.

How ridiculous. I hope Jake King is able to sue in some manner. Fair for Richmond to say, we don't want him at the club, but if King wants to hang around with a criminal, its his perogative. Its this bullshit obsesdion media has with gangsters/footballers, hence one can imagine the wanking that occured when they found this. He's a grown man, not a baby.

As has ready been posted it is illegal in QLD and SA to associate with these blokes and you face jail if caught. This law in SA came about thanks to numerous drive by's and attempts on certain bikers lives multiple times and innocent people getting caught up in it. Hasn't Mitchell been fired upon a few times already? If King was hurt whilst in the company of this bloke imagine the flak Richmond would cop for not doing enough
I think the issue for Richmond is that he has been told repeatadly to stay away from him and has continually disobeyed the club, cant imagine Dimma being happy with him

Let's be clear - you have misrepresented the laws somewhat there. I think those laws are disgusting, but what you described isn't right.

It isn't right (it only relates to bikies associating with bikies), but pray do tell why it is disgusting to be mean to known criminals who have no respect for society?

Kingy.

It isn't right (it only relates to bikies associating with bikies), but pray do tell why it is disgusting to be mean to known criminals who have no respect for society?

If they do a real crime, arrest them for that. Don't make up non-crimes just so you can ping them for something.

And it's not just associated with bikies, it's organisations that have been involved in a certain set of crimes. As they are currently written it possible for the members of some trade unions to be bound by the anti-association laws.

And profiling is NEVER enough justification. There are law abiding citizens in "criminal" bikie gangs. I know a couple of Coffin Cheaters who have never been involved in anything more criminal than smoking some joints and doing burnouts - stuff I imagine a good portion of the people on here have done too... Oh ■■■■ - BomberBlitz is a criminal organisation, better round us up.

Let's give the laws a chance. The police will use their discretion and I'll wager no one is going to be charged under the new laws for anything petty like having a cup of coffee with a gang member.

But if you are at their club or house and it gets raided well it serves yourself right for associating with them and you probably deserve to be at least detained for a while and questioned, maybe fined or imprisoned even depending on exactly what they were up to.

Now if it's your Dad or family member they will probably make allowances to a point but if you just want to make friends there's plenty of people to hang out with that aren't being watched by the police.

The fact is organised crime is a huge issue and I for one am prepared to give up this "civil liberty" if it helps the cops do their job and makes it harder for crime gangs to operate.

Gangs don't really make their money through membership fees, they make it by doing shady business deals and it's pretty hard to do deals when it's against the law for people to associate with you.

As for JK, I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond said "Fine you can catch up with him, but our public stance is that we don't like it and so you better keep it clean or you're going to become too much of a liability". 

Let's give the laws a chance. The police will use their discretion and I'll wager no one is going to be charged under the new laws for anything petty like having a cup of coffee with a gang member.

Or delivering a Pizza? http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/wheres-daddy-yandina-five-wifes-anguish-20140107-30fhu.html

Call me crazy, but if a law is so open ended you CAN be arrested for having a cup of coffee with a small group of people then I DON'T trust ANYONE to enforce it appropriately. And yeah, most police may be "good", but enough aren't... I remember only a few years ago sitting in a pub with a group of people. One was a cop, telling this "hilarious" story of a girl so drunk she couldn't walk - they'd taken her into custody, put her in the cell and all had a go. Then swapped the security tape out for the one they kept handy for times like this - a dodgy tape that didn't record.

Blind trust in anyone is ridiculous, and I'll treat police the same way I'd treat anyone else - if I don't have a tangible reason to trust them, then I'll be dubious.

The laws are ■■■■. Arrest people for real crimes, and if doing that is too hard (and I freely accept it IS very hard) then doesn't mean we should cut corners and call it justice.

Also, anyone who goes to any place connected with any other underworld group… wave bye bye to Lygon Street

King st, King hit, Jake King.

the pieces fit..

Richmond have officially said that King can hang around with whoever he likes in his private life, just as long as he doesn't bring that type of person into the workplace.

Familiarly, once again stories being made up/information left out by media outlets and sadly once again why I am sceptical of many sports reports these days.

Or delivering a Pizza? http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/wheres-daddy-yandina-five-wifes-anguish-20140107-30fhu.html

Call me crazy, but if a law is so open ended you CAN be arrested for having a cup of coffee with a small group of people then I DON'T trust ANYONE to enforce it appropriately. And yeah, most police may be "good", but enough aren't... I remember only a few years ago sitting in a pub with a group of people. One was a cop, telling this "hilarious" story of a girl so drunk she couldn't walk - they'd taken her into custody, put her in the cell and all had a go. Then swapped the security tape out for the one they kept handy for times like this - a dodgy tape that didn't record.

Blind trust in anyone is ridiculous, and I'll treat police the same way I'd treat anyone else - if I don't have a tangible reason to trust them, then I'll be dubious.

The laws are ****. Arrest people for real crimes, and if doing that is too hard (and I freely accept it IS very hard) then doesn't mean we should cut corners and call it justice.

Geez, that escalated quickly.

Edit:

Ok Ive read the full article. Did you? He wasn't arrested for being a pizza guy in the wrong place at the wrong time at all. And this is no "dodgy tape that wouldn't record" amongst a couple of cops, it's blown up in the media and the cops are standing their ground.

■■■■■■ hell he's married into a bikie family (the wifes 2 brothers and her father) and the pizza shop is owned by another person 'associated' with the gang.  His lawyers would have him out in a heartbeat if they couldn't prove a better association than delivering them a pizza...

And I don't doubt that 1% of cops are bad, but dont forget they have to deal with the scummiest 1% of the population all the time and that most of those are known to the police through previous offenses.

2nd edit: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/alleged-criminal-bikie-joshua-carew-has-no-ties-to-rebels-lawyer-20140109-30k0n.html

So he was on bail for drug trafficking at the time... sounds like they are just picking on him though lol!

Fact. King lives in Northcote

Fact. His friends ride motorbikes

Fact. He plays for Richmond.

Fact. At 1am this morning a tow truck came and took a bike off the street, in northcote, the driver was wearing a Richmond t shirt.

So…either Tommy Hafey has started his own Repo business, or Jake King is out of control.

1609890_642879182432940_2051533432_n.jpg