Jake Lever

You’re not the best at this game, man.
Try bracketing. Lower.

Lol. Ahaha. You mean Gleeson isn’t as tall as 2m Peter. My bad…

There is only so many references to the function of a foetus I can include…

I think Lever is a good player, but not ‘2 first rounders’ good.

6 Likes

Hahaha defs good call based on this season!!
I’ll watch with interest to see if he improves his 1vs1 play next year… he sure as hell needs to.

1 Like

Lever must be useless as a contested mark then.

You don’t rate Marty’s marking?
Obviously not. Oh well.

1 Like

He’s good reading the play when free and intercepting the kick. IMO he is beaten or neutralised 4 in 5 when it’s one on one.

Nothing will take the stars from my eyes for Marty.

1 Like

More to the point, every coach sets their best defender up as third tall. Have an impact on more contests.

I don’t think you’re wrong. Marty’s a good contested mark - just not quite as good as he thinks he is, a few times he should spoil instead of going for the mark.

And never get in a wrestling match with Gary Rohan.

1 Like

And never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

4 Likes

I agree… but think that ironically, that’s what drives his improvement.

Unless it’s in a final.

195 cm. Spoils it at the highest point.

Or a stiff breeze.

Couple of mates were chatting to Tom McDonald at the brownlow, he suggested that Lever is pretty much there already. To the extent that McDonald’s off season/pre-season has been planned around him playing 100% permanent forward.

1 Like

If McDonald is permanently forward, what are the planned roles for Watts and/or Weideman?

Stuff Sache (who I just can’t believe Brisbane would let go for less than half the world), maybe get Weideman cheap!

Watts to Collingwood a real possibility. Weid, like Francis, is talented as ■■■■ but a fair way off it still. He might be worth targeting though, wouldn’t come too cheap, Dees would ask a bit.

1 Like

He speaks to the 15 year old girl in all of us, he’s just so dreamy.