Jake Lever

Okay, not manufactured… his manager has just been appointed as Collingwood’s new list manager…

I must not watch enough Adelaide games. If he is worth 750k a year then Hurley must be worth 2 million. The Dees have lost their mind.

9 Likes

Dees would have had to pay overs to get him i suppose.

Hurley wasn’t worth 500 k a year when we signed him to keep gws and gc away early days.
gotta pay big to get big I guess.

He is fleeing a club whose captain is apparently tougher on the phone than on the ground.
Maybe if they’d given Tex the interchange phone last Saturday the Tigers would’ve folded under the pressure?

3 Likes

Crows fans in meltdown as apparently there was footage of him dumping all his Crows gear at a tip in Adelaide

13 Likes

7 Likes

Now thats funny ■■■■

Hahaha what a funny ■■■■■■■

That is seriously LOLworthy :joy:

Even with squinting you can’t tell who that guy is?

1 Like

I imagine When your moving house, you take a lot of stuff to the tip. Especially interstate.

As mentioned above the system is wrong. We have restricted and unrestricted free agency but this idea where players just quit mid contracts and expect to get to their club or in Lever’s case one club or the draft is wrong. It ostensibly means all players are free agents. Too much player power - I know its been mentioned in some of the trading threads but its gone too far. Now you might have the ridiculous situation with Stringer where the club has thrown him under a bus and wants a top 10 pick. So much BS in this system. Players should have to nominate a couple of clubs so that the best deal can get done. Art least Carlisle did this too ensure we got pick 5 - well done to the Saints for working around that to get more value but if Carlisle didn’t say he would be prepared to go to Hawthorn who know what would have happened. And like every other year nothing is going to happen in the first week of trade week because everyone is waiting for dominoes to fall. Lever should get done day 1 it won’t and therefore Gibbs maya or may not get done.

2 Likes

I think there should just be a rule that if your salary is over a nominal amount (say 350k for not specific reason) then clubs can trade you wherever, whenever.

If your under 350k you get more choice because you have to be able to afford wherever you live etc etc.

If wages got to NFL minimum wage level like 500k then It should just be you go wherever you are traded all the time unless you are out of contract. Max club power.

1 Like

It shows he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. He could have put it on eBay and made some cash.

2 Likes

Minor point: Jake Lever isn’t quitting mid contract, he’s out of contract.

5 Likes

that photo is way too good to be true

1 Like

SplitRound I know he is uncontracted but has been in the system for 3 years, I understand why the Crows are peeved off. Can you imagine after 3 years Zach said I am leaving after we developed him and said only one club or I am in the draft. Having said that I think the Dees’ offer is fair but the system simply gives too much power to the players. I like the salary rule mentioned above.

1 Like

Still means jack all. He has only been in the system 3 years. No way should anyone who hasnt been in the system for more than 6 years get a right to demand a trade to a particular club.

1 Like

Minor correction, they forced him to move interstate or give up on his childhood dream.

3 Likes