Jake Lever

No because he was our second leading goal scorer of the year and one of three in the top 20.

4 Likes

Intercept marking down back a big issue for us now that Hooker fwd- Hartley doesn’t get it done hence Brown often selected

Lever hardly loses one on ones and also top intercept player. Upgrade on both those two.

Worsfold connection also helps.

It would unfortunately have to be Francis going back the other way though to get him.

One is a star now. The other might maybe be one day but would have some doubts on him for sure.

I’d take him, he is an A grade backman who would partner with Hurley beautifully.

The argument against is the opportunity cost of not strengthening our midfield group. However I’m not sure we have an option too. It doesn’t sound like we’re in the running for Kelly and our first rounder in the teens might fall past the A grade mid talent this year. It depends what we can draft with our first rounder, because that’s what we would have to give up.

I can see it now. Crows ask for Raz, we offer Francis. Two weeks and arbitration later deal doesn’t get done.

Pfffft. You can back up any lie with “Statistics”.

2 Likes

I can’t see how we wouldn’t fit both in the salary cap. The issue isn’t the salary cap, it’s trade currency.

1 Like

So basically we have no leverage?

I’ll see myself out

7 Likes

Acquire Lever. Trade Lever for Kelly. Everyone is happy :smile:

1 Like

Play Lever forward?

We had the 3rd highest scoring side this year but 12th on scores against. We do need to improve our defence, part of that will come from improving our midfield but we could do with some quality defenders as well.

We actually are top 6ish for lowest score per inside 50. Our problem is the volume of supply the opposition forwards are getting.

5 Likes

That is why we need to Touk Miller…

Mitch McGovern has just signed with Adelaide for three years.

Didn’t Ace say Lever was heading to GC?

Qld teams are chasing Charlie Cameron.

Lever can pick any team in the comp, why would he go to GC.

1 Like

Not sure Ace said that
From what I was told, he is 95% leaving and heading to Victoria
Has been offered double what Crows are offering

1 Like

Probably correct.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is home sick. Big ask after what he’s been through.

Oh, must have gotten confused with another player

1 Like

He’s a car. We really need a boat.

We need a flipping flotilla