Jake Lever

Upgrade on Ambo, Gleeson and Hartly. No reason why Hurly, Lever, and Franga cant play in the same backline together. Depending on the cost go for it.

Bags, Lever, Franga
Irish, Hurley, Gleeson

We should also be trying to either trade for or draft some good back pocket types. Perhaps even another mature ager.

1 Like

No, Collingwood or Melbourne

1 Like

I view this as like Marchbank. Gun prospect and you cant have too much talent on the list.

But:

One of the best clearance mids of the last decade is retiring
The gut running outside mid has also announced his retirement.
Our midfield needs an extra cog or two anyway.
We have a massive talent in Francis with which to work.
Hurley /Ambrose/Joe/Cale is a damn fine crop of KP prospects, with Harts and Brown more than useful backup.
You only have so much trade currency with which to deal.

I’d be chasing Kelly, Smith, Hopper etc rather than Lever- purely on list needs.

8 Likes

Totally agree but we need these players to want to come here first. If none of those players want to come yet lever does Id say go for it.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be chasing Lever at all. If for some reason he wanted to come here, then, maybe? If the choice was our first round draft choice, with all the risks that implies, versus Lever, who is semi-proven but not in a position we need, I’d probably lean Lever if this is rated a weak first round.

But I’d definitely want some side fittings of a young mid from them as well, e.g. Wigg.

Actually I think your thinking of Wigg. His name was brought up the last couple of days

He’s a 3rd tall back

We’ve got 2 guys who play that role in the seniors (Hurley, Gleeson) and 3 or arguably 4 (Dea, MBrown, Francis, possibly Ridley) in the reserves

Let’s get one more!

Terrific.

1 Like

Alternatively, let’s chase a bunch of players who don’t want to come here but who play the position we need, get none of them, and ignore the other good player who actually might want to come here.

Equally terrific

4 Likes

Lever has almost a decade of footy ahead of him.

That’s what makes it an imperfect, yet worthwhile, trade.

Why do you hate Marty Gleeson? (etc)

Where’s the evidence that he desperately wants to play for us. We have more links to Kelly than Lever and Kelly is the very definition of what we need. HAPs right in his assessment that 3rd talls are probably the least of our concerns.

If he comes out and say he desperatley wants to be a bomber and is willing to bend Adelaide over to get here, 100% go for it. But at this stage it’s not a need and we have other areas we really need help in.

1 Like

He is not saying there is or isn’t. Just that if he happened to want to come here, and none of the others did. If the price is right would you consider it? I for one would.

He wears too much strapping on his left arm, afl version of the winter soldier

Always, but the right price for me considering our list is probably about 70% of what several other clubs would be willing to pay.

He is a player rumoured to be leaving his club. BRING HIM IN.

Problem is, getting him probably costs you the best realistic chance of filling the original problem position.

The kids a gun though. I’d expect Carlton to go hard if Gibbs wants to return home still.

It felt like SMJ was implying there was. But Split sums it up pretty well. Always if the price is right. As I said in my post, If he wants to bend Adelaide over let’s do it. It’s about time we did it to someone else, but until he indicates he wants only red and black in his future, I wouldn’t waste too much time discussing it. (Says the bloke who almost doubled his post history posting in here.)

2 Likes

Let’s slam our dicks in a door, because it’s better than slamming them in a sandwich press.

We’d have to give a first rounder minimum for lever + significant cash and we have ample options in his spot. Which would obviously be our best shot at improving the situation where we have almost zero pressure on Colyer’s spot and not really any options in the pipeline.
The kid can play, but it would be a crazy move.

Fortunately there’s 17 other clubs who he will be worth far more to.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a door be much worse than a sandwich press?

How hot is your door?

2 Likes