Jake Lever

I think the proof will be in the pudding. lever hasn’t been tested as the main man yet.

If and when he is we will all find out how good he actually is.

1 Like

Lever is a handy player…

But I would be appalled if my club gave up two first round picks for him (as seems to be Adelaide’s expectation)…

Does anyone really think he is worth that?

1 Like

I think he could possibly be worth that one day, maybe.

But on current exposure as 3rd tall…No.

Lever is a ■■■■■■■ gun, he would destroy most forwards one on one.

Really interested in which football club you support, there is no way it’s Essendon

3 Likes

He played on Nick Riewoldtd when in form and towled him up. Just saying.

He’s 21 years old mate. I keep reading in the Francis thread how long it takes for talls to ‘come on’, well Lever’s coming on beautifully.
Their set up works so that Talia takes the one on one and rest work as unit. He reads the play very well which is why he’s such a good intercept mark and his disposal is magnificent.

Lever has averaged 16 possessions and only 257 metres gained. He’s neither prolific or overly attacking. He looks sideways a lot so he’s hardly taking great risks.

You would be paying for potential.

Better than Hurley comment should be straight up ban.

3 Likes

Of the Goddard mould.
Literally.

Well, he is a great fister, anyway.

1 Like

wont get lever.

1 Like

Allegedly. By 7Footy.

Some scuttlebutt around that Lever to Melbourne is more or less done & trade would involve them sending Watts to Collingwood. Wait & see I suppose.

Watt The ■■■■?

2 Likes

Interesting.
There would be picks involved as well of course but I wonder whether it would see Scharenberg go to Adelaide?

I reckon he is skinny and light for a KPD.

He gets a free run at the ball in the role they have created for him and impacts contests. He does that extremely well. He is a poor man Jeremy mcgovern

But he rarely is 1-1, 2-2 with opposition best players.

He would get gorillad in my opinion.

Very good player.

But a good to slightly better than good CHB he may become.

He is not even close to the May, Rance, Hurley territory.

I’m going to go out on a limb, but I doubt Rance was in the Rance mould at Lever’s age, given we were celebrating how richmond screwed up by overlooking pears for that dud Rance.

Yeh I agree.

That’s why spending 2 first rounders is very speculative.

He may or he may not get to that level.

Our backline needs bolstering. It makes a fair bit of sense to be looking at him.

That almost describes Gleeson.