Jake Lever

Not keen to give up our next two years first rounders as a minimum for him.

1 Like

2 first rounders for lever seems a bit steep

Leve-ing the door open!

STRINGER
ROCKLIFF
LEVER

im so into the 2018 2nd attempt at a comebackstory.

2 Likes

The comeback story had a pretty ■■■■ ending eh.

Lets hopes chapter 2 is better haha.

The Never Ending (Comeback)story.

1 Like

To be honest, if Melbourne was struggling to get the deal done I’d prefer to trade with them for one of their plethora of inside mids so they have the currency, rather than picking up lever.

2 Likes

This is a little disingenuous. Redman wasn’t playing HBF early in the season, he moved there later so he was never competing with Stanton in the role. And Goddard only played minimal time off the HBF. I’m not quite sure how this belief has got around, his drifting backwards to assist? Its a common meme on Blitz which seems to ignore that we were going in with between 4 and 5 pure small backs many weeks.

Lever Las Vegas

1 Like

First contest. Lever let’s Danger 2 grab mark under high ball without physically touching him…

Am watching closely. Is he an uncontested floating squib or what… Soft as contest.

Suspect Jake Lever is more Jason Cloke than Michael Hurley.

He should cash in while the money is there. He is not an elite CHB. Doesn’t play key position for Crows.

2 Likes

“he gives it a good old belt”

Thanks Bruce

1 Like

‘He’s the best fister in the game’

6 Likes

I think he is elite. He is very very smart with the ball. He reminds me of Wellman. Squeezes little touch kicks, has poise, looks for a good option - an intelligent and calm defender. I think he is an outstanding player already and nowhere near his peak. Regarding his one on-one contest ability - yeah he is probably no Talia or Rance. However I think he is in the Hurley mold of being an absolutely classy decision maker who will attract forward defenders throughout his career.

To be frank, I’d love to watch him play his next 200 games for us.

2 Likes

He is a skilled player.

Great interceptor.

But you don’t pay 700k+ a year for a 3rd tall.

And Lever is a 3rd tall at Adelaide. I suspect if he needs to play as the number 1 or 2 defender his form and output will dip.

Hurley rarely plays on the number one key forward anymore. and his decision making and skill has turned to crap this year in some games.

best let hurley know we shouldn’t be paying him as much as we are.

I think third tall is a reductive description for Lever. He clearly can produce high quality pure defence - his point of difference is he is also creative and clever with ball in hand. I think he is exactly the player you pay that sort of money for. But happy to agree to disagree- and tbh I think it’s unlikely we will ever see him in Red and Black unfortunately.

1 Like

This is BS.

Hurley has proven he can be an AA level Key Position Defender taking 1 of the 2 big fwds.

Lever hasn’t.

Hurley has performed the 3rd tall defenders role more effectively than Lever this year.

Hence AA.

Lever has never shown he can perform on the top 2 fwds week in week out.

Will he be good yes. But currently being made look better than he becauae he is not the main man in my opinion. At Melbourne he will have to be the main man.

1 Like

who played on franklin ?
wasn’t hurley

Can’t remember hurley playing on any key no1 forward this year.

And despite making AA, hurley panics way too much under pressure and goes full essington.

I’d take lever over hurley anyday.

I’m gonna stop arguing with you.

Farking pointless

1 Like