Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

But the probability of you pulling one of those guns at pick 20 is much higher in a good draft. It’s not an exact science, so you always like your chances of finding someone, but it’s all about probabilities.

Would people do this deal?

Essendon give - Pick 11
Dogs give - Stringer + next years 2nd round

I’d do that in a heart beat.

Why would the bulldogs do that deal. No chance

Essendon will get no change in return for Pick 11.

3 Likes

Agree, and if we have done our homework and still decided to take him on then he is worth every bit of pick 11.

1 Like

Why is it acceptable for Geelong to pay pick 20, but somehow we need to front up with 11?

Pick 11/28 to lions for 19 and Schache
Pick 19 to Dogs for Stringer.

As an example if we were inclined to go that way.

8 Likes

Who says it’s acceptable for the Cats to offer pick 20?
Barrett and his pied pipers can sprout that line all they want but no way the Dogs will take it

2 Likes

If the media has decided it is acceptable, look out.

The Dogs will be plastered as unreasonable etc…

cos it’s the first pick they have.

Just like if north were willing to offer pick 4, our pick 11 becomes irrelevant, without him picking a team.

that being said I’d imagine if he chose the dogs, the dogs wouldn’t be saying it’s acceptable, and they’d want something more in return, maybe a player.

GC have 19, 22 & 24
GWS have 23 & 25

Maybe we can work with one of them for a pick trade to secure Stringer

1 Like

Mate, theyre stubborn but theyre not stupid. Hale was 26 when Hawks picked him up and probablt came cheap. Todd is 29 now and has a massive contract. He was considered for trade last year too and no one wanted him

1 Like

I’m just talking about perception. To a 23 year old non rocket scientist who wants to play finals, Danger and Selwood down at Geelong where they have a fantastic home ground, storied recent history, premiership winning coach etc. not sure about the decent people bit. When I played the decent people were few and far between, mostly mongrels who got the job done. Anyway, you finish it. I’m a moron remember?

2 Likes

What the media think is meaningless.

Was bt at the meeting yesterday?

4 Likes

I’m guessing the whole storied premiership vibe is not all that important when you have factored in the last 18 months.

1 Like

Gold Coast asking for Mitch Duncan to replace Gazza.

This should be interesting.

4 Likes

They can ask but if he won’t go they won’t get anywhere.

2 Likes

It’s a ridiculous request but I’m sure it’s just setting the bar high and then working back to a middle point.

Suns don’t have a middle point, they demand what they want and tell you to bugger off if you don’t come to the party.

As long as they aren’t dealing with us I have no issues with that strategy.

3 Likes