Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I didn’t take it that you were.
Some people do seem to get frustrated when reporting journalists views - they just want facts!!
I’m happy to take it all in. It’s part of the pre-trade week roller coaster. I like roller coasters.

1 Like

Sorry, but that is just rubbish.

1 Like

2006 was a strong draft allegedly. Most of those draftees are rubbish.

Well the talls that elevated it.

While that is true about the 2006 draft, it still ended up being an elite draft for talls as far as numbers of good talls go. Riewoldt, N. Brown, Goldstein, Reid, Frawley, Leunberger, Hansen, Dawes, Tippett, Hawkins, Westhoff, Jacobs, Jamieson and Jesse White all played over 100 games, with M. Brown, Hampson just falling short. That is a huge number of talls from a single draft. A number of those guys are elite as well.

It’s interesting, what is the value of getting a player you need now, vs the potential to get a player next year. By the time that player arrives, you have a player that has a good couple of years on your draftee, so that draftee would want to be good.

That’s before you mention that the team taking next years pick is betting against themselves by providing a player to help the trading team go further up the ladder, thus reducing the value of their pick.

It wasn’t last year. Last year people were saying this draft had more tall prospects, but the 2016 draft was considered pretty highly pre-draft. And given all of 3 (?) talls went in the first 20-30 picks last year, it wouldn’t be hard for this draft to have more tall prospects.

If that was us making that claim we would be “hard to deal with”

1 Like

A lot of those players were drafted outside the top 10.

I hope they have put the work in and he is keen for the trade, GC have plenty of second rounders (19/22/24) plus the AFL in the background. They should have a fair bit of cap space and could pay him plenty if he wanted to go.

This guy knows jack-■■■■.

A couple of week ago. Certain Hinkley is going to the GCS - 3 days later Hinkley re-signs at Port.
Last Thursday and Friday. Certain that there was going to be late change to the GWS team - No change
Last week. Certain the Stringer would choose the cats - Today hedging his bets

He is not a news breaker, he’s a speculationist

10 Likes

He could definitely make more money at Gold Coast if that’s what motivated him.

So? The 2006 draft was rated for talls, and it delivered.

If he thought Geelong was on the slide, or wondered who was getting kicked out of the side for Ablett.

Or if Geelong could use another second rounder for some purpose (Stringer).

Or perhaps he just would like a nice beachfront unit with good weather and a warm winter?

All of the above.

But it’s GC so they probably just threw a name out in spite.

Pick 11 would be a bargain.

3 Likes

Well if he nominates Geelong, would we consider trading 11 to the cats for Duncan?

2 Likes

I thought Hep may of been a bit more enthusiastic about Stringer on 927 this morning.

Elaborate please?

1 Like