Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Noticed a photo of him at the club yesterday - guess he spoke to Jake. Can you give us a run down of what he said on radio please?

Hep loves the media, literally every day i see him either doing a photo shoot, on tv, on the radio, at AFL house with Gill etc. must have a lot of energy for it.

Richmond being out of the race is good and bad. Good because with this years success they would be a real threat, bad in the sense that why would they meet with him and then pull out of the race, maybe their intel tells them something we don;t know.

He didn’t say much other than he know’s Jake personally. He mentioned recruitment is not his job and he has no major say in the list strategy. Was a nothing interview.

I dare say he and the club are keeping cards close to the chest on this one.

2 Likes

Good sign for me.

If the captain is mates with him it bodes well.

1 Like

He didn’t say he was mates, just said he knows him.

I don’t know if Hepp was just trying to play a straight bat to the questions, but he was all but dismissive of the questions. Didn’t seem interested at all.

Yep. and we’re unreasonable

I wouldn’t read into it at all. I’m not sure what it would achieve by publicly gushing over Stringer?
Poster above mentioned that Heppell was at the TVC yesterday and I would all but guarantee he met with Stringer and discussed his views on Jake joining us in private. The club is clearly keen for him to join.

3 Likes

But he said knowing him personally.

I don’t think you say that about someone if you don’t like them?

If he knew him more as an acquintance and didn’t like him his line would have been “Yeah I know him from around the traps, but don’t know him that well personally”

Did they play together in underage comps? Was Hep 1 or 2 years above him?

I’m not. But Hepp usually gushes and is enthusiastic about everything. He wasn’t on this.

Not sure what it means. Probably nothing.

1 Like

I think we should read into it. Discuss.

1 Like

Aflw bandwagon crashed. Jake stringer my new bandwagon

Listened to Heps interview he played a straight bat I have no doubt in my mind that he’ll be stoked to have Stringer behind closed doors.

In today’s world, most people have a deep-seated feeling that other’s know better than they do. All it takes to fool most people, is to speak with assumed authority.

1 Like

I know it, and it makes me so happy to know they read all the ■■■■ I talk about them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Then they call us keyboard warriors when they are no different themselves.

1 Like

These are the guys that took Cousins, Vickery, Push-up King, Martin and various other stars. So…I don’t think so.

That sig looks like a polygraph.

Brian Waldorn on sen claims Cats are cooling on Stringer

2 Likes