Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I can see it now he nominates St Kilda …Everyone raves about them…“on the up” again…And then they finish 11th.

1 Like

Are the Doggies even going to have a forward line next year at this rate?

BOY OH BOY!! Imagine BT if Oraaaaaaziooooooo and The Package were in the same team!! Why not get BIG BOY MCEVOY to complete the set?

6 Likes

don’t play with my heart.

3 Likes

Hartley, Ess first rd 2017 & 2018 to GWS
Stringer, Kelly to Essendon
Dogs get Leuneberger, Second Round pick from GWS

B: Baguley Ambrose Hurley
HB:McKenna Hooker Gleeson
C: McGrath Heppell Zaharakis
HF: Stewart Daniher McDonald-Tipungwuti
F: Fantasia Stringer Green
R: Bellchambers Merrett Kelly
Int:Goddard, Parish Colyer, Myers
Emg: Langford Laverde Francis Ridley

9 Likes

If he could play inside mid then I’m on board

Super six?

Hep. Stringer. Zerrett. Zaka. Parish. McGrath.

11 Likes

Who here said Stringer had his hair on backwards? It’s all I think about when I see him.

18 Likes

We’d only have to do a second round pick plus change. Do not understand how it’s even a question let alone the people who are saying no. 1000% yes

2 Likes

I’ll only take him if he comes with the bont.

I reckon Boyd coming in on 1mil has ■■■■■■ him off. Hasn’t been the same player since!

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■

He’s only 23! Thought he was older than that. Worth a crack, imo.

Would he make our team better? Probably.
Do I want him? Not Really.
If we were going to get him for next to nothing, then sure. But other teams who need a forward much more than us are certain to drive his price up, and I’d rather we address the holes in our midfield than worry about making our strongest part of the ground fractionally stronger.

3 Likes

HF: Stringer Daniher Fantasia
FF: Green Hooker Stewart

Tippa to the midfield

Yes farking please

4 Likes

If we can get someone to directly fill one of our holes, I’m all on board with that. But the reality is, that it is unlikely that will be the case, and even if there is it will likely only cost one first rounder. Stringer is (IMO) definitely worth a first rounder in the teens. So if we could get him for that cost, I’d do it.

But then, I think Fantasia and Walla will be spending more minutes in the midfield.

Those trades are awesome.

Only changes I would make to the line-up would be: Langers and Lav in the side, ahead of Colyer and Green.

Stringers best is top 10 in game worthy, Those who don’t want him seem like panic merchants.

Take risks FFS, Hope we go hard at him.

Kelly still 1st priority but as soon as that looks unlikely go hard for Jake,

The dogs forward line is trash and he had the best defender most weeks, Their forward 50 entries are horrible, He’d kill it in our setup.

4 Likes

Lots to like about him but lots to criticise as well.

Could go on to being a Martin Pike, play with mongrel, look like a big time player, win a hatful of flags. Could be out of the game at 28 with injuries and inconsistency.

Stringer is worth, at least to the bulldogs, far more than a fringe player and a second pick.

They’d want a first round pick and something else for him, so I don’t think he’d be worth chasing. Would rather, if we were willing to use those resources in a trade, be targeting players who fill more pressing issues (midfielders and a running half back flanker).

1 Like

Stringer could literally be and has been anything. He’s young and super talented with massive X factor. Would take him in a heartbeat. Won’t be cheap but good players rarely are.

6 Likes

Bulldogs supporters are saying they want Daniher, Tippungwuti, Merrett.

Do they honestly think those players want to leave Essendon?

I doubt we have players that would satisfy the Bulldogs. Otherwise we’re talking about players that either the EFC are unwilling to trade or players that don’t want to move.

The best option is a straight first round pick. Maybe a second rounder (this year or next) also, with a third round coming back our way.

2 Likes