Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

is he a midfielder?..no close thread move on!

2 Likes

lol

4 Likes

They need defenders.

Brown or Hartley + 2nd rounder.

Swap 3rd and 4th rounders as well (Dodoro seems to find gold in these picks)

First and second round round pick, take it or leave it you tin rattling flogs

4 Likes

For the exact reason I hated reading this post.

Assuming there’s anything at all to this rumour at all, I reckon there are 2 considerations which should dictate how hard we go:

• What’s the reason for the fall-out with the Bulldogs (and how much of it do we think can be cured by a change of club)?
  • Is Jake’s attitude and fitness levels compatible with him playing more up the ground? We don’t need a key forward, but a high half forward who can rotate through the midfield (and win clearances) the way he does would be a great addition.

Positive answers to both and I’d be happy to give up our first round this year and second next year (or a swap of our second with their third this year).

He’s the same age as Daniher & Stewart. They’d have plenty of time to develop great cohesion.

We’d literally have the best forwardline in the league.

Move Hooker to defense. We’d literally have the best defense in the league.

Next step. Bolster the midfield.

4 Likes

Would we need Stringer if Laverde came good?

The question I have is Bevo went from A class amazing in 2016 to farking off a lot of people in 2017 and not getting the best out of a lot of their players.

Maybe Bevo is the issue, or at least a significant contributor

If Stringer was fit and 95% mentally stable he would farking cut loose in our fwd line.

i agree with the rest of your post, but it seems to always be ‘the next step is the midfield’

2 Likes

bring in stringer.

tell dogs to ■■■■ off hes been ■■■■ for 2 years. anonymous during their finals campaign.

1 Like

Isn’t he contracted still?

Has been All Aus, is 23yo, possesses as much raw talent as any player in the comp and is contracted. You aint getting him for a 2nd round pick! Nor should you.

10 Likes

Midfield has to be the first thing that is bolstered no questions asked!

1 Like

Another of Paul Connors clients

2 Likes

Worry/argue /discuss about all this after the season.

There’s a final in two days!

1 Like

I’d say talented players are our greatest need.

Getting Stringer with a first round pick increases our talent pool dramatically. We still have options with Free Agency, and future picks to do other deals that come up.

At this stage, Stringers stocks are at an all time low. I doubt you could pick up a player of Stringers talent, at the price he’s available. We must take this opportunity, and others that arrive.

6 Likes

How’s about we convince the Bulldogs to give us Stringer AND a first rounder instead?

3 Likes

For the first time in many a year we are not struggling to kick a score…the midfield has to be bolstered otherwise we shall just be wasting the talent we have on our list…no good if we lose centre bounces and it goes straight the other way…as much as I like the way we can work the ball off half back the sight of centre clearances into the forward one on one would see us an even bigger threat!

I think Get Talent that you can into the club.

Dodoro must be busy - Kelly, Gaff and Stringer potentially moving.
Hope we are seriously looking at trading picks this year to get some midfield talent in, but if we miss Kelly/Gaff then Stringer would still be a good get, particularly if the price is right.

Lets get a win this week and it will make the place more desirable for players wanting to come or tossing up other Victorian options. Also a monkey off our back not winning a final in a decade.

I think we have more too look forward to in 2018 than Tigers or Cats. but that could be rose coloured glasses.