Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Nah Dogs burnt all their bridges i’ll be shocked if he stays at the Dogs now.

Man, you’re all over the farkin place.

12 Likes

To be fair to nino. This thread has been a rollercoaster

1 Like

From what I was told Stringer made us his 1st preference the moment the Dogs put him up to trade only way that changes as Aceman pointed out if Connors thinks thinks we cant get a deal done.

1 Like

Not sure if Peter Gordan of all people would be in a position to claim that he relied on legal advice from Essendon. He’s more renowned for providing legal advice rather than receiving it.

3 Likes

North?

But don’t want to declare hand in case another player turns them down.

That is literally what you just did to percebushby, who was clearly not saying that you dislike the person, but that you dislike the player (which is cleary apparent from your analysis, and a perfectly acceptable viewpoint). “Like” has many meanings, you were just being a pedant to make yourself look smart.

3 Likes

We better not stuff this up by being too clever for our own good.

4 Likes

Pretty much this.

Pick 11 for Saad and 19
19 for Stringer seems the most obvious trade for me.

1 Like

If we are going to trade 11 why not just use it for Stringer? I just don’t see the point imo.

1 Like

It does for us, but I am not sure it would for Gold Coast. It values Saad at about pick 43 which is definitely unders. If we sent our third rounder back the other way then I think it would be about the mark.

Well you effectively would be, albeit indirectly. A net result of 11 for Stringer and Saad, even if we also have to part with a third rounder, would be a fantastic result.

2 Likes

I would be astonished if he stayed at the Dogs. You don’t make a public stand like that a month prior to the trade period and then backtrack.

1 Like

Outside of getting two players in instead of one?

10 Likes

Something will be announced tomorrow

10 Likes

Yep the article in the HS from his ex would have vindicated their stance.

1 Like

something good?

I agree. In a thin draft though an upgrade from 19 to 11 is quite a big move.
I’d probably rather that than getting pick 28 - especially when they already have 2, 19, 22 and 24.

That said if be more than happy to offer our third as well and get Saad and Stringer for 11 and 46.

Where’s your connection Brasha?
Thanks for the insights.

1 Like

I doubt it mate, i reckon they will announce that a 3rd or 4th club is now involved in the trade. Even though their may not be.

The ■■■■■■■ will play this until the end.