Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Not even close 1 (3000) & 19 (948) = 3948, for 11 (1329) & 10 (1395) = 2724

Basically need a pick 12 to make it worth it even on points, but even then Brisbane only said an “exceptional deal” that weighted in their favour.

Would have to be offloading a class player or bunch of players that Bris actually wanted to make up difference.

I can’t see us trying for it. Can get far more of our list replenished via other trading means. Turning 11 into 2 players. Shipping off some others for 2nd rounders etc.

Sounds great for us. Why would Bris. even contemplate that?

1 Like

The only deals that are likely to work, are the ones you don’t like.

7 Likes

If we had an excess in ruckmen so much they would seek opportunity elsewhere, as list manager I’d be straight on the phone to GWS before the dogs - they giants have a genuine need and a very impressive stockpile of talent who’d be happy to go home to Victoria. Perhaps providing even better output next year than Stringer.

We should be able to get the Stringer trade over the line without losing a player.

Anticipating the collective breakdown when stringer nominates Geelong

2 Likes

I thought I might have been short on points. Didn’t have a points chart handy. Lol

1 Like

Every year the club with pick 1 says they might trade it.

They never do

1 Like

Yep.

Went to a seminar on negotiation recently. The presenter (very exp legal negotiator) said something that stuck with me. “The best deal is the one that all parties hate a little bit”

2 Likes

Has the package arrived yet?
3 days late!!!

The closest was when Melbourne traded away Josh Kelly. Doh!

2 Likes

Unless it’s to Hawthorn right…

1 Like

Here’s a FairyDustPoints calculator.

2 Likes

That was actually a gift from Freo, since they gave croad back anyway

1 Like

Lloyd mentioned Stringer before and did not say he’s selected EFC. He just said he’d likely nominate a team in the next few days.

Actually I heard it a bit like this:

Lloyd didn’t sound as confident about us getting Stringer as he did at the start of the week. He thinks the longer it takes for Stringer to announce the more it seems to indicate that other clubs are getting scared off and he may nbe staying at the Dogs.

You haven’t been on the Western recently have you?

1 Like

DangerWood, a match in heaven
Over the hill, at thirty seven.
Complex trades mark the day
As our hope fades away.
A million pages of mindless mush
Heading to the final rush
When the cats miss the bus
As in the end Jake chose Us.

1 Like

We should go after the ruckman from Williamstown until we get Draper sorted regardless of his age. He is another jpod type who played for Geelong now coaching at Adelaide. Has incredible stats and killed it this year.

Are Lloydy and @Aceman the same person?

1 Like

Saw a clairvoyant and when I told mentioned that I supported Essendon, I was told this “I’m sensing something about a situation involving them stringing you along and that cats like to play with a ball of string. I’m looking for the relevance of the cat.”

I said “fark ya” and was about to walk out but it was just Longy with a wig on, flogging memberships.