Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

From “He should have nominated us by Mon night” to “He may have us as his preference”. Should I be worried by this subtle nuance change?

“It’s in the basement of the Alamo”. texas

3 Likes

Hahahahaha

No.

I honestly think that the argument about pick 11 is a bigger factor than some may think.

Many have said constantly that Connors doesn’t trust Essendon to sort this deal out.

Cooney even joked yesterday that the relationship between Essendon and WB is very poor. And he laughed that Adrian Doddoro will love to screw WB on this trade after Crameri.

Connors sat through those meetings between Essendon and WB over Crameri. He is aware on how difficult Essendon are.

I’m not saying that I agree. But I honestly think it’s a key factor. Stringer doesn’t want to be in ‘no mans land’ at the end of this trade period.

bullshyte

3 Likes

I think right now, he doesn’t know where he wants to be. hes been publicly shredded by Gilmore and I think his personal desire is probably to not leave Footscray. there’s a bit to sort out at his end, I imagine.

On SEN about 10mins ago, when KB and Greg Denham were speculating on where the various trade targets may be going.

KB: where’s stringer going Greg?
GD: Essendon Kev

Was the most emphatic answer of all when KB went through the list of players available

1 Like

if he’s that unsure, even after we’ve offered him 4 years and 600k, then maybe it’s time to walk away and find someone who actually wants to play for us. We’re starting to look as desperate as Norf.

1 Like

Who are talking about? The club? They haven’t said a word all week.

1 Like

Fixed.

4 Likes

Not worried but things can change rapidly. A lot of gamesmanship going on behind closed doors between several parties who all have big ego’s.

4 Likes

Greg ‘Venom’ Denham, David Culbert & Carowhine are the triumvirate of flogs. Ignore.

9 Likes

Is this still true?
I was under the impression both our base offers are around the $400-450k mark but he has the capacity to earn $150k more with us due to performance based incentives.
Cats only offering a 3 year deal and we are offering 3 with a trigger for 4 also is my understanding. All up ours is a much better offer

10 Likes

That may be true. Just sharing.

1 Like

Hurry upppp

Really interesting detail aceman. Thanks for sharing.

• sincerity font *

Cool. I am almost at the point now where we ramp up the pressure. Put a time conditional ultimatum on it. Seriously want him to nominate us, however, the delay is starting to make me question the seriousness of his intent to get to us. Lever has rushed to nominate Dees and others are stating preferences. He has had enough time. Explore other options, if he is struggling to decide or can’t instruct his manager to sort it out pronto. FFS!

Lever has been setting up his departure all year!

Stringer didn’t want to leave and until two weeks ago it probably wasn’t even in his thinking. It actually doesn’t matter if he doesn’t make a decision until end of week.

I’m sure we aren’t sitting around doing nothing until we hear. Smith for instance has been through the facilities.

6 Likes

Same thing with Gold Coast and O’Meara last year.

theyre just acting fake mad.

Valid point, however, it matters to me if a player chooses us reluctantly. I want him crashing packs and hunting the footy, not squibbing any contests. I want the whole package, not just the wrapping. He either chooses us wholeheartedly or he can sit in the magoos at the kennel. If the Sloane rumours continue to grow, I would prefer we use pick 11 and a player/future pick for him. Saints have the upper hand here. Stringer isn’t the only player worth exploring, so I wouldn’t leave our deal on the table till the 11th hour.