Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

We dont know the price. Or If there even is one atm.

1 Like

We need to name this thread,

ROCK AM STRING

To go along with Kellypalooza and Caddyfest.

He isn’t performing. Not happy with club. Club not happy with him. In and out of side and had his injury woes this year.

Even though contracted, they can’t really go demanding the world for him. Prime time to get him under his value if they did agree was best to part ways.

3 Likes

Langford was pictured at last year’s GF with his dad barracking for the Bulldogs. Just sayin’.

4 Likes
12 Likes

im almost kinda chuffed that we now have players that opposition supporters actually want

2 Likes

What I think Tim was doing was saying how appreciative we would be of him at Essendon. Appealing to the ego.

Our first rounder plus a fringe 22 probably gets its done but is he really what we need?

Our forward line is stacked. Surely priorities and age demographic suggest no.

Good point. We should try and trade him in for the game on Saturday.

Colyer, Myers to WCE for Gaff
Hartley, Ess first rd 2017 & 2018 to GWS
Stringer, Kelly to Essendon
Dogs get Leuneberger, Second Round pick from GWS

B: Baguley Ambrose Hurley
HB:McKenna Hooker Gleeson
C: McGrath Heppell Zaharakis
HF: Stewart Daniher McDonald-Tipungwuti
F: Fantasia Stringer Begley
R: Bellchambers Merrett Kelly
Int:Goddard, Parish Gaff, Langford
Emg: Laverde, Francis, Ridley, Green, Mutch

2018 Premiers LID OFF

1 Like

Followed by salary cap breach leading to stripping if premiership, 2 year draft ban and 2+million fine.

Lid firmly on lol

Depends on what the reasons are as to the fall out, if there is indeed one.

He’s a medium sized forward who’s been asked to play as a kpf, and has struggled in that role.
If he was to move to a club with legit key forwards, and he could be the mid sized forward he is, you’d imagine he’d tear it apart.

but is the potential reason he wants out, is cos the dogs have told him he’s not fit enough and needs to work on that, and he’s cracked it ?

Lot of unknowns in this situation that one would need clarifying. You don’t just get rid of a stringer type for no legit reason, and bevs seems like the kinda guy/coach who doesn’t tolerate underperformers, so i’d be treading carefully here.
On talents alone sure you’d chuck the kitchen sink at him. but we all know talent only gets you so far in this game nowadays.

1 Like

With Jobe and a few of the returning blokes, who we payed overs for retire or move on, I don’t see how we’d go over.

I think a lot depends on whether we want to use our first pick on a mid or someone we hope could be a mid.

All you would have to do is convince him to come to Essendon and get him to nominate us and as soon as that happens, all the leverage that the Dogs have goes out the window.

Much like the Crameri situation.

I wouldn’t be giving anything more than a second rounder for him as he isn’t a midfielder and in reality is a Tippa-like player where he will play 75% forward - 25% midfield each game if you are lucky like many above have said.

He is a Bendigo lad so maybe he would be interested in coming to us but I wouldn’t be giving up a first rounder for a player who wants to leave who isn’t a midfielder who would considerably help us.

1 Like

He is contracted, Crameri wasn’t contracted. Bryce Gibbs didn’t get to Adelaide etc…

2 Likes

difference is, sounds like the dogs want him gone as much as he might want to be gone

1 Like

that may well be the case but they do have the upper hand because he can’t walk. Norf will throw him a monster deal, odds on.

1 Like

North have probably already offered $1m/year for 25 years.

10 Likes

If he nominates us and only us a 2nd round pick should do it, but he has got to want to come here. Has to convince the recruiters his heart is in it, and he is willing to do the work.

1 Like

Contracts mean absolutely sweet F-A in the modern day AFL as we all well and truly know by now.

Either way, he isn’t a player that would markedly improve us as he doesn’t address our biggest area of deficiency which is the midfield.

He is a cherry or cream on top type player and we haven’t even got a cake on the plate yet.

Let’s just hope that Dodoro has his priorities right this off-season.