Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Thanks buddy

1 Like

He’d be a good addition, but at worse we need to make it a bit harder for FC.

I have heard the exact same thing, I’m hoping this is Kennedy. If not for anything else, just to fark Carlton off.

2 Likes

I hope we play the WB round one.

4 Likes

Did we offer 11 and 47 for Stringer and they said NO, if so forget them and move on.

1 Like

Get the feeling, with the message X put out after the Sydney final, that he’s driving the recruiting strategy this year and (unlike the ultra conservative Jackson in Sheeds’ day) wants Essendon best placed for a serious finals charge next year and beyond and will spare no money or resource to achieve that end.

1 Like

Stinger comes to the club with serious baggage. The huge plus in Essendon’s favour is the player and his management know this will be his last chance on the big stage. Burn his bridges / fu_k this up and the system will spit him out. Essendon back their culture to help get his life back on track. All up to Jake (assuming he gets to Essendon).

1 Like

It’s like Bill Shorten ate all of the Krispy Kreams.

3 Likes

So, Essendon hope Stringer will be their Dusty moment when no other club wanted him and from that point turned his football around to be the most dominant player in the comp.

Of course, Dusty has always been a midfielder and Essendon hope to turn Stringer into one. 5 years into his career and averaging no more than 15 possessions I’m not sure how that will go. Both are dynamic types so they’ve at least got that in common. Fingers crossed (he gets to the club + he can be a force in the middle even if it’s only for controlled bursts)

Haven’t we requested the Hawks?

Haven’t heard anything about that.

Get your facts mate. Only one person doing the deals and it’s not xavier

I don’t think it matters really. If we get all 3 players, we have done the unthinkable.

1 Like

Don’t think he said Xav was doing the deals.

Read the post again.

Does cgates ever post other than to continue his pro dodoro crusade.

1 Like

I think we wanted to get Hawthorn again.

Plus aren’t the Bulldogs and Collingwood continuing round 1 as a ‘thing??’ Or was that just because of Cloke?

What I like about our strategy this year is yes we have got a big fish in Jake Stringer, and yes he has some significant baggage coming with him.

But, the fact we have brought in a few other guys will lessen the spotlight on him so much. Brilliant couple of weeks for the bombers.

2 Likes

THey need to work out who wears the jackets. Turning up with 3-5 collars, all popped, is a statement that says “these are MY trades to ■■■■ up”.

We’ll get the hawks round 1 and there’s nothing surer we’ll get the dogs on a Friday night at some stage to build the hype with stringer

8 Likes

The in the same way Choco got Dusty’s life back on track which senior person is taking Stringer under their wing … Skipworth?

1 Like