James Hird - Can't wait for him to return

I'm really loving the Bomba Thompson thread atm, but i can't wait for Hirdy to come back to the club.  

James put three good years into these boys, and i'm sure they can't wait to have him back.  As much as i love what Bomba is doing with this group (we have a chance of winning it all this year) i just know that Hirdy will keep the momentum going.  James wants to be a career coach, he WANTS to do this over a lengthy period, he wants us to have sustained success, he wants to be part of it.  He is the most Essendon person i've ever seen in my life, he is this generations King ■■■■.

I just wanted to open a thread where people can look forward to when Hirdy returns in late August.

Hi Tania

Hi Tania

lols

Long live Hirdy!!

Yep, fully support the return of James,

Looking forward to him back at the helm.

Agreed! While Bomber is doing a great job and the boys are playing fantastic footy, people seem to forget that Hirdy has been coach for the last 3 years with Bomber as his assistant - a role he actually preferred. This suggestion that Hird should come back as assistant just makes no sense to me, seeing as Hird is the future coach of the club, already has experience and is already proven to bring improvements... ideal set up next year would be as it was previously - Hird as head coach, Bomber as assistant.

I can't wait. The only person in the world you'd want to fill in for him is doing it right now so how lucky are we? But, this is Hirdy's gig. He will return like a pheonix from the ashes and deliver us plenty of good times. He was destined to do it and it will happen. And, he's absolutely the right person to do it. End of story.

it's gonna be the longest 5 odd months ever IMO. No doubt that bloodsuckers who were out last year to get him sacked, will be the biggest exponents of trying to divide and conquer by putting a wedge between bomber/club and Hird. It's already started by Essendon supporters about oh how bomber is a better coach I hope he stays on next year blah blah. Anyone who thought last years circus was draining, wait til this snowball gains momentum.

All I can hope is, Hird makes the best decision for the club and himself of his own accord ( whether it be for him to come back as coach, or Bomber take over full time if he wants to). I know he will always put the club first, however again I hope it's HIS choice, and it's not forced on him.

If he comes onto the ground in round 23, the crowd will go apeshit ballistic.

It’s going to be bigger than what you saw after our last 2013 game, and that was an incredible statement itself.

Sadly this game means money for Carlscum.

If he comes onto the ground in round 23, the crowd will go apeshit ballistic.
It's going to be bigger than what you saw after our last 2013 game, and that was an incredible statement itself.
Sadly this game means money for Carlscum.

Your right there DJR, the crowd is going to go off its head.  And on another point, who gives a fark where the money goes, history has shown how the dollars has helped Carlscum be successful.

it's gonna be the longest 5 odd months ever IMO. No doubt that bloodsuckers who were out last year to get him sacked, will be the biggest exponents of trying to divide and conquer by putting a wedge between bomber/club and Hird. It's already started by Essendon supporters about oh how bomber is a better coach I hope he stays on next year blah blah. Anyone who thought last years circus was draining, wait til this snowball gains momentum.

All I can hope is, Hird makes the best decision for the club and himself of his own accord ( whether it be for him to come back as coach, or Bomber take over full time if he wants to). I know he will always put the club first, however again I hope it's HIS choice, and it's not forced on him.

Aaaand, the best decision is to come back and work his contract just like its supposed to happen. Bomber is filling in for one year. He likes it that way which is abundantly clear from the last Hangar episode. If you had to look at that as a statement then that's what it was all about. Bomber is enjoying coaching because he knows he doesn't have a contract cloud over his head and he doesn't want one. He's looking after Essendon and he's looking after his mate James Hird. Who, is the rightful owner of the title 'coach of Essendon'.

Aaaand, the best decision is to come back and work his contract just like its supposed to happen. Bomber is filling in for one year. He likes it that way which is abundantly clear from the last Hangar episode. If you had to look at that as a statement then that's what it was all about. Bomber is enjoying coaching because he knows he doesn't have a contract cloud over his head and he doesn't want one. He's looking after Essendon and he's looking after his mate James Hird. Who, is the rightful owner of the title 'coach of Essendon'.

But who knows what will happen with Bomber. When he left Geelong no one could see him coaching again, even as an interim coach, who knows what will happen by the end of this year. Yes right now he doesn't have to worry about next year or the year after, and that is a weight of his shoulders, but who knows what will happen the closer it gets to finals time esp if we are in with a chance.

the problem is we won't know until later in the season one way or the other, and that's were the problem lies as the speculation will snowball, and agenda's will take over yet again, esp in the media.

Like I said, I'm for Essendon first no matter what, but it has to be done the right way for mine.

But who knows what will happen with Bomber. When he left Geelong no one could see him coaching again, even as an interim coach, who knows what will happen by the end of this year. Yes right now he doesn't have to worry about next year or the year after, and that is a weight of his shoulders, but who knows what will happen the closer it gets to finals time esp if we are in with a chance.

the problem is we won't know until later in the season one way or the other, and that's were the problem lies as the speculation will snowball, and agenda's will take over yet again, esp in the media.

Like I said, I'm for Essendon first no matter what, but it has to be done the right way for mine.

There is no problem, speculate away all you like. 

The thing I don't get about this line of thinking is that it seems to ignore the fact that the team has looked better each year under Hird. or that we made the top eight last year despite the off-field circus. Or that we've also had a pretty major change to the assistant coaching staff.

It's not like the start of this season has come out of nowhere.

No thanks, I would keep Bomba.

#welcomebackhird

Fark the AFL and Vlad.

Agree with original post, other than the fact that he wants to be a career coach. He wants to coach Essendon. 

Any justifiable reason for that?

Great thread.  Hirdy did a lot for this club and will do a lot for this club when he is back.  I'll be ecstatic to see him out there again with the boys.

Any justifiable reason for that?

Don't even bother.