James Hird - Can't wait for him to return

So there's 90,000 at the Carlton home game - 80,000 Bomber fans and 10,000 Carlton fans. The players are warming up. We've got the We Are Essendon chant in going in full cry. Everyone's looking around. Where's Hirdy? Where's Hirdy? Then Skeeta makes his way to the cheer-squad end and slowly removes his head-piece .....

Great post !!!   Cant wait for Jimmys first game back, love to see him and Bomba walk out on the ground together with the whole team at the start of the game and walk  through a banner with a quote like, WE ARE STILL STANDING PROUD AND UNITED AND STRONGER THAN EVER .  We need to keep these two great men at our club.  There has to be a role for Bomba when Jimmy comes back and to quote a phrase, WHATEVER IT TAKES , we have to convince him to stay next year and beyond .  Maybe Bomba can do the press conferences , great entertainment  and who can forget when he spilled powerade all over Jimmy in the coaches box, keeps the atmosphere of the coaches box relaxed . Use to love to watch him prowl around the huddles at quarter and three quarter time offering his advice !!  Would prefer to see  Jims  first game round 1 next year but whenever  , wherever, however, I will be there in full support !!

Well, my opinion isn’t exactly glowing of what went on when he was coach. Lots of injuries, second half season fade outs, supplements scandal, rigid game day non switching players enough. Players looked down and out in terms of skills, Very placid in the box, But maybe those problems were more department/governing issues then Hird issues.

Though I think he needs to return to salvage some respect. I think he needs to do the sort of interview Thompson did on Classified last year. That was raw, real, emotional, heart felt…set the record straight, when he gets the chance.

However he was part of the decision to build new HPC, wasn’t he? And clearly had some vision for the future, loves the club, is an icon of the club etc…deserves a chance to build momentum as a coach. The players supported him big time, an important contrast to what the media were suggesting.

I hope Thompson stays coach, but welcome Hird back for a second go at it.

Would love to see Hird and Lloyd as coaches at the club in some capacity.

Not even close to most soft tissue injuries in the history of the club, let alone the game.

Prior to Hird we had weeks with 24 fit blokes to pick from.

Isn’t it funny how different folk see different things.

I saw a man perform with more grace under pressure than anyone I have ever seen and a team of men united behind him with a passion for the game, a belief in themselves and a loyalty to each other that astounded me.

This cannot be bought: Carlton

It cannot be manufactured: GWS

It is or it isn’t and under Hirdy, last year, it was.

If he comes onto the ground in round 23, the crowd will go apeshit ballistic.
It's going to be bigger than what you saw after our last 2013 game, and that was an incredible statement itself.
Sadly this game means money for Carlscum.

Pretty sure gate receipts are still shared between us and them, much the same as us and Pies (and I assume Pies and Blues)

Not even close to most soft tissue injuries in the history of the club, let alone the game.

I'm not sure there were as many soft tissue injuries though. In 2012, we had 1, often 2, every single week. Did we get to use the sub strategically at all in 2012? 

I remember one game under Knights when every fit player got a game apart from Danny Chartres (who had already been told he would not be resigned and had left the club). Rhys Magin (the next Mercuri), Jumpin’ John Williams and Dean ■■■■ all got games. And St Kilda spanked us.

I remember one game under Knights when every fit player got a game apart from Danny Chartres (who had already been told he would not be resigned and had left the club). Rhys Magin (the next Mercuri), Jumpin' John Williams and Dean ■■■■ all got games. And St Kilda spanked us.

Wow. I totally forgot about that guy.

Yep, we sent some premiership heroes off in style that day.  

It's going to be bigger than what you saw after our last 2013 game, and that was an incredible statement itself.
Sadly this game means money for Carlscum

Crowd reacts to Hird's triumphant return. 

it's gonna be the longest 5 odd months ever IMO. No doubt that bloodsuckers who were out last year to get him sacked, will be the biggest exponents of trying to divide and conquer by putting a wedge between bomber/club and Hird. It's already started by Essendon supporters about oh how bomber is a better coach I hope he stays on next year blah blah. Anyone who thought last years circus was draining, wait til this snowball gains momentum.

All I can hope is, Hird makes the best decision for the club and himself of his own accord ( whether it be for him to come back as coach, or Bomber take over full time if he wants to). I know he will always put the club first, however again I hope it's HIS choice, and it's not forced on him.

Aaaand, the best decision is to come back and work his contract just like its supposed to happen. Bomber is filling in for one year. He likes it that way which is abundantly clear from the last Hangar episode. If you had to look at that as a statement then that's what it was all about. Bomber is enjoying coaching because he knows he doesn't have a contract cloud over his head and he doesn't want one. He's looking after Essendon and he's looking after his mate James Hird. Who, is the rightful owner of the title 'coach of Essendon'.

But who knows what will happen with Bomber. When he left Geelong no one could see him coaching again, even as an interim coach, who knows what will happen by the end of this year. Yes right now he doesn't have to worry about next year or the year after, and that is a weight of his shoulders, but who knows what will happen the closer it gets to finals time esp if we are in with a chance.

the problem is we won't know until later in the season one way or the other, and that's were the problem lies as the speculation will snowball, and agenda's will take over yet again, esp in the media.

Like I said, I'm for Essendon first no matter what, but it has to be done the right way for mine.

There is no problem, speculate away all you like. 

Darkknightphoenix is Jon Ralph.

In Hird we Trust

Hope Rd 1 2015 is in Melbourne.

Essendon vs Blues would be a good season opener. Hird vs ? not sure if Malthouse will still be around by then.

Isn't it funny how different folk see different things.
I saw a man perform with more grace under pressure than anyone I have ever seen and a team of men united behind him with a passion for the game, a belief in themselves and a loyalty to each other that astounded me.
This cannot be bought: Carlton
It cannot be manufactured: GWS
It is or it isn't and under Hirdy, last year, it was.

This! 

Pretty sure gate receipts are still shared between us and them, much the same as us and Pies (and I assume Pies and Blues)

This is correct to my understanding... we have this arrangement with Carlton and Collingwood. Richmond, on the other hand, have declined this arrangement because they are run by a pack of cockwombles

I remember one game under Knights when every fit player got a game apart from Danny Chartres (who had already been told he would not be resigned and had left the club). Rhys Magin (the next Mercuri), Jumpin' John Williams and Dean ■■■■ all got games. And St Kilda spanked us.

Dean ■■■■ had already left apparently. He played against St Kilda in a NAB Cup game. Allegedly, he left his club car in the car park at WH and cabbed it to the airport.

I remember he kicked 4 in a game at Bendigo and benfti made a fearsome mess of his shorts. He wasn't impressed when I said he'd got 3 from handpasses into the square.

This is correct to my understanding... we have this arrangement with Carlton and Collingwood. Richmond, on the other hand, have declined this arrangement because they are run by a pack of cockwombles

They had it with Collingwood, then a few years back they had a home game in round 1 vs Collingwood and then went back on it so Collingwood said ■■■■ you.

Gee arnt we all going to loose our marbles when he walks back onto the ground next to bomba

In Hird we Trust

Hope Rd 1 2015 is in Melbourne.

Essendon vs Blues would be a good season opener. Hird vs ? not sure if Malthouse will still be around by then.

Hird vs Clarkson

Essendon vs Hawthorn

Grand Final Replay (we won)

BANG!

was that the game in which demps broke his leg by running?

I can’t be there when he returns (living o/s) but all you lot promise that you’ll go farking spare. Screaming, backflips, tops off, gun shots… lose your ■■■■, be in raptures.