James Hird — January 2017 onwards

After his reputation was so trashed in Australia , David Yallouz seemed to be the only person willing to be associated with him in business. He was not the face of Gemba at that time.

1 Like

GEMBA

1 Like

GEMBA

During and after the saga Hird was unable to be the face of the GEMBA business in Australia. As a result Hird spends a lot of time overseas in their UK and USA offices.

Who is the man in the trenchcoat?

Working on his Chocolate business Cacao Hunters.

Thanks all for the answers.

Good question.
I deliberately didn’t assign him a character.
There are two people it’s clearly not, as he’s obviously just an errand boy.

Edit: Noir is so easy (and fun) to write. I could have made it much longer and hit a lot more tropes, but I didn’t want people to get bored with it.
It’s nice that people liked it.

9 Likes

Pretty sure he alluded to other irons in other fires on the podcast the other day as well.

Hopefully this gets him back to the club.

25 Likes

I think he’ll come back eventually, but baby steps for now.

Picked the Dees this week. Still a spot on footy mind.

He’ll be back in an executive role one day

Nah he’ll make a comeback for our 2020 assault.

Nicely done Wim.

Nice work, Wim. Always enjoy your writing!

1 Like

I’ll give you one guess …

I like to think so… but they way we are
Looking 2025 is more realistic

You Sir are an optimist, based on history if will be at least 2040.

From rd 6 podcast (EFC & Daniher in the spencer Panel Shop)

Hird - Joe confidence is down, - needs to bring himself out of form slump, and it will be the making of him as a player.

• needs to work on positioning, make opponent feel uncomfortable, launch at the ball. Make sure you do defensive things when we dont have the ball. Get on your bike get the movement going.
    Crawford - Do the basics really well, work rate up, the game will reward you for defensive efforts. Really doubting himself, like Richo used to. Mentally needs to not worry about missing goals and keep kicking them

EFC Leadership is it right mix?
Hird: No doubt they have lost leadership, Jobe, Howlett and Hocking. Howlett were heart and soul of club. They sacrificed there own game for others, beat themselves up in stoppages.

Bringing 3 new players in upsets cohesion and takes a while to work.

Dyson kicking efficiency is being attacked, but noone giving/trying more out onfield.
Hooker, Hurley, Zaharakis, Joe Zac Merrett, Heppell Goddard all high quality work hard, should be good enough leaders to get to the next level!

Craw - Midfield - McGrath, Parish, Smith (He’d like to see smith on the ball more) slow ball movement and connection is missing at the moment. will take more time than we expected.

Hird - Essendon lacks pressure to replicate Richmond style of game.

• If i was joe need to get confidence back in Marking, Ground ball and kicking. (Spend hours kicking for goal practicing the ones you should kick 30-40m out front)
    Crawf - do the simple things to best of ability, put enormous pressure on. Control the controllables, IF you do get a shot for goal, eat it up. 7/10 times through the middle.

Hird: Maybe its time to send Heppell back to half back, use his vision and footy smarts off Half back.
Smith has been good so far at Essendon.

16 Likes