James Hird — January 2017 onwards

YES. YES. AND YES. AND WITH INTENT.

3 Likes

I found their talk on mindfulness/sports psychology quite interesting. i kinda zone out once they go onto other teams tho.

Begs the question, are we still putting in as much work as hirdy intimates his regime put in towards mindfulness?

James attended the club function in that picture at Windy Hill Friday night to see Stephanie receive her jumper, I’m not sure if that’s what you’re talking about.

14 Likes

I didn’t like. Don’t kid yourself.

I faaaarking LOVE it.

1 Like

That’s the most disapointing thing for me our ability to move the ball and score is gone so not only we suck defensively but lost our attack which was a strength of ours.

got a lot of Freo from last year about us.
Ross tried to change Freo’s ball movement and midfield work and cost them their defensive structure but they still couldn’t score. so not only could they not score but they also sucked defensively.

we’ve just done it the opposite way.

1 Like

I think we just need to focus on defense the attacking part of the game will come natrually.

I reckon this is stupid, you need to work on all facets simultaneously, you’re not coaching 10 year olds but players that have been in systems for at least 10 years.

Are sure about did you not hear the what Richmond players say when they get intreviewd? they say the main focus during the week is applying defensive pressure which they crave all the attacking stuff comes naturally to them when they force the turn over.

go look at the premier league. the best team defensively came second whilst just letting ‘what comes naturally in relation to attack’ get them 20 goals less than ‘plays 2nd best footy in the league - liverpool’, the best overall team of defence and attack is about to set records for the best season.

Now that’s strategy. I want Hirdy back at the club now.

5 Likes

Thing is we don’t need to learn how to attack that’s been ingrained since Kinghts was coach.

none of our forward line was there under knights…

I meant I hope Stephanie playing VFLW means he will be around the club a lot more. Great to hear he was at the presentation.

2 Likes

I would seriously offer him an assistants role.

1 Like

Yep We need him desperately.

1 Like

We should do whatever it takes to get him back.

14 Likes

He can be the midfield/performance coach on game day

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t want him back. or anyone else that was at the club unless they’re proven else where. for mine thats people like caracella.

2 Likes

Why not have both

I really miss Hirdy the mood of the place will lift if he comes back.

2 Likes