James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Would love to get Caracella to the club.

And maybe someone from Hawthorn to fix midfield - Ratten perhaps.

If Hird wanted to coach again would offer him any assistant role he wanted

• Senior Assistant, Forward Coach, Midfield Coach, opposition Analyst!
3 Likes

Reckon he does. He thought about the Freo offer reckon if Freo where a Melbourne based club he would have taken it.

i’d be pretty big on this.

1 Like

Won’t come back

Caracella a must i would throw the cheque book at him and tell he can coach when Worsfolds contract is up

Hmmm I’m wondering if the club have asked the question.

They can ask him at the 1993 reunion event that’s coming up.

He won’t go back while certain people are still there. No he has not been asked. But his heart is at Bomberland

3 Likes

Like who?

Agree with this. Also think there are too many people at the club more worried about sucking up to the AFL then worrying about the best for the club. Until there’s a shift I’m not sure they’d have the balls to invite hird back.

1 Like

Didn’t the AFL say they would be fine with Hird coming back in whatever capacity?

Bring Jimmy back for game strategy. Our gameplan. Farkneeld off.

5 Likes

It’s crazy that he’s in charge i would fark him off and get Caracella.

2 Likes

Hird and Caracella, two Essendon people that were part of some success, might be able to rebuild the culture of the club.

4 Likes

Seriously. He didn’t say anything that isn’t obvious. Actually when you analyse what was said, neither say anything at all really.

Definitely this! Although I believe he is working hard throughout the game, it was somewhat disheartening to see him fluffing around, kicking around his body looking for the miracle goal before the game. That’s what you do at the end of a session when you’re tapering off, have a bit of fun. It shouldn’t be what you’re doing to prepare for a game.

He had very few set shots in his warm up. He should be taking every opportunity to improve his goal kicking and practicing his routine in the conditions and on the grounds where he’s playing.

Takes an assistant role next year,(completes Lev 4 Coaching BS of course!! ) … and then takes the Reins from woosha in 2020.

You heard it here 1st …

2 Likes

Do we have to wait that long?

I would give a limb for that to happen!

Your limbs are safe. It won’t happen.

2 Likes