James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Didn’t he run into a tree? Why would anyone care what a a guy who runs into a tree thinks.

2 Likes

He doesn’t deserve a ■■■■■■ employer again.

2 Likes

I wish. In the same way I wish I’d win the lottery that I never enter.

1 Like

BRING HIM BACK

3 Likes

oh please no

we tried it. It didn’t work. The club HAS to move on

2 Likes

As an assistant coach or oposistion anaylist I wouldn’t be against it

1 Like

Move on, PLEASE

7 Likes

Club president tbh, but appointed not elected.

1 Like

NO.

No fkn way. Will never be employed by the EFC again. People seriously think he might?

I can’t believe that people would ever want him back in any position anyway. Not for mine. Not a chance

3 Likes

ok heres my final offer.

game day tactics coach

3 Likes

In my opinion it’s better for him to be building his career away from the club.

He made mistakes. But boy was he screwed over. I think he was implementing a good brand of football. Unfortunately we will never know how good a coach he could have been.

17 Likes

You’ve all been brainwashed if you think he was responsible for the saga

Players loved him
He’s got to be better than the bloke we have now
I’d have him back in a heartbeat just to give a big FU to the AFL and their media clowns

28 Likes

I’m with Hachiko.

7 Likes

The one thing? You really think just one thing is missing from our coaching panel at the moment?

Not sure the players did particularly want to play for him at the end.

Can you imagine the distraction and storm it would cause if he came back. Just not worth it. Let’s be honest- why would he want to come back, it’s not worth the stress.

1 Like

The end after they’d been cleared by AFL ADT and then WADA reopened the case de novo you mean?

The players were shattered. Wouldn’t have mattered who was coaching them

17 Likes

Oh Juliet my heart is saying a thousand times this.

Know it’s not going to happen though, am hoping that one day James can return in whatever non football role he wants.

2 Likes

Where are they now?
-Goodwin senior coach at Melbourne

• Gunston senior role at AFL
  • Robinson, after being parked at the AFL auditors, back in the NRL at the Roosters
  • Evans developing his golf course, still in wealth management and a pillar of society, welcomed back at the club.
  • Robson CEO at Melbourne Victory shortly after his resignation from EFC, now with Rowing Australia
    As Luke Darcy said the industry is forgiving. You can say that again, but some might not forgive Luke.
7 Likes