James Hird — January 2017 onwards

I need a holiday from Blitz. I’ll be back after Anzac Day 2023 when we’re rolling along nicely at 4-1 with Hirdy helping us rebuild the club.

12 Likes

What day is the ANZAC game on next year?

1 Like

This is my new focus in life to replace Blitz

dancing-ewok

Hang on, I’m not meant to be posting on here any more…

4 Likes

Wash your mouth out.

2 Likes

The feeling/passion in your post is fantastic. Bravo.

I read it twice.

1 Like

Amen. Send that post to Barham.

4 Likes

I would love to see Hird back as senior coach. But understand the optics wouldn’t be great, and not a risk the club would want to take.

What if Hird came out and publicly backed Rutten, and wanted to be assistant coach under him. Giving personal and public guarantees he doesn’t want the top job if Rutten gets sacked.

2 Likes

Yep.
Good poll.

Did you vote?

What is Williams exact role at Melbourne. I hear he has been very successful

1 Like

I’m over optics. The last 7 years has been about not ruffling feathers and being seen as a “nice” club. And yet here we are.

Possibly the greatest post ever.
On this thread.

(No seriously, well put)

17 Likes

Bravo - some one ■■■■■■■ post this to Barham post haste!!!

I’d be happy with the current GWS coaching setup tbh.

1 Like

16 Likes

This a billion times over.

Does Hird want to come back?

Chocco is Head of Player Development. His work with younger players in particular is amazing and would be fantastic with a list like ours. One of the best teachers of the game you will find. I don’t think he is head coach material anymore but someone like him or David Noble would be absolutely critical to us going forward if they were available.

13 Likes

CULT OF HIRD
by
■■■■ of Mongolia

Fkg concur

How long is he contracted to Melbourne? And how would he and Shiel get along working together?