James Hird — January 2017 onwards

boys club vs boys club.

Ready: FIGHT

“(Hird) can start apologising from now till Christmas and it won’t be enough” for the way Evans was treated.
Reckons Evans did his best as chairman, and that he was thrown under the bus by the club.

JB can ‘reckon’ whatever he likes.
I don’t engage in footy soap opera anymore, and don’t really understand anyone who does.

2 Likes

Who the ■■■■ is “JB”?

5 Likes

Who is JB?

2 Likes

Evans who was never banned from the club, down in the rooms, keys to the inner sanctum, no AFL sanctions, no media vilification, the disgraced word never attached to his name?

16 Likes

brayshaw

that ■■■■ that almost did criminal things to protect himself in the saga?

gagf brayshaw you absolute pilloried ■■■■■■■.

9 Likes

Any time, like recently, the media is within a bulls roar of being connected to negative personal outcomes, of having their own motivations and actions questioned, they’ll circle the wagons.

It’s sad and transparent and completely irrelevant.

4 Likes

Oh no. You wouldn’t want to upset JB.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Obviously you can be critical of Evans for his handling of the saga, but I can understand that he initially thought the club would be best served by doing whatever the AFL wanted, and it would be “nursed” through the crisis by the AFL. Put yourself in Evans’ position in early Feb2013, and you can see it is an option which might look good.
The fact that it turned out the way it did is testament to the AFL’s complete fark up of the investigation, its mishandling of its relationship with ASADA, and its prejudging the outcome and getting it very wrong…
The fact that the AFL strategy was centred around screwing the club with draconian sanctions and vilifying Hird (and Thompson, Corcoran and Reid) as the scapegoats, is something Evans should never have be a party to, and should have resisted from the start. It seems both the AFL and Evans, on the AFL’s sayso, were completely convinced of the club’s guilt in giving the players illegal substances from the very first day (HGH etc. “Clothier knows what they took”…) When in fact the evidence was examined, it turned out to be just the ACC jumping to conclusions.

Evans skulked away in disgrace IMO. I believe he knew he had completely screwed it up and was probably ashamed of his treatment of Hird in particular.
Hird does not owe Evans anything.

14 Likes

Maybe he is cross-eyed.

1 Like

Cancelled

He is definitely cross-eyed. Turn it around the other way.

Evans could not rationalise that Demetrio former CEO of the AFL (who was a close family friend and like a brother) used Evans and tossed him under a bus so to speak which consolidated in a choice Essendon and Hird or, you save your own neck. No choice in the matter really.

HIrd speaking for himself, Brayshaw speaking for Evans.

19 Likes

JB -Brayshaw has always been a bit of a ventriloquist’s doll and it seems has an IQ to match.

6 Likes

That’s IQ as in Inbred Quality

1 Like

NO emotional intelligence either.

James Brayshaw joins a growing list of people I wouldn’t p*** on if they were on fire.

7 Likes