James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Ask Ralphy.

Well there’s no factories or really large employer if that’s what you’re asking, but there’s always plenty in the Building Ind, Real Estate, Tourism, Hosp (esp the warmer months), Customer service etc, Small business, Hospital’s pretty large with staff, … 5 Schools worth of Ed staff, … 4 childcares and Kindas etc etc.
(Not the De sal anymore Mendozza, no :smirk:. )

Question had me thinking. I’d say the Council might be the biggest employer now at a guess.:thinking:

They could use some more industry, … like a Uni, Viticulture college or something. Lot’s of Wineries around here now.

Edit: Oh,. .and there always seems to be ads for Farmhands relief Milkers etc.

DToo busy overseeing Swany & ■■■■■■■’s podcast. Hang on, might have some free time on his hands now.

Scotty’s surname has be redacted by swear filter

1 Like

Thanks. Growing towns/cities will generate their own employment in those areas you mention, but those options are a bit limited and it seems people aren’t generally moving there for work. I wonder how many commute long distance. It’s a beautiful stretch of coast.

Plus a pretty great surf/skate/snow shop which may or may not be owned and run by my brother :grin:

3 Likes

Fk me. Is Cuzzy your brother Mate? Well, it’s a small internet! eh?:smirk:

Known him for 30 years, he’s a good man.

And yes,… many a Surf / Skate shop has come and gone down here across the decades, and he is still going strong, so he must be doing something right.

Edit: Lol, and as I type that, as if on cue, my Snowboard mad Nephew rocks in wearing a fkn Vortex Hoodie, … :smile:

1 Like

Back then it was called getting down low and being first to the ball.

It wasn’t to hurt the other player but get the ball and if anything he put himself at risk.

Haha yep he is indeed, I grew up in Korumburra, spent my youth surfing (badly) that coast and battling with the Blues/Rovers in winter and Workers/Miners in summer.

Paul, are you related to Kevin Cousins, past economics teacher at KHS ?.

That’s my Dad.

Paul are you related to Ben cousins?

15 Likes

Or Demarcus Cousins?

Or all your cousins?

4 Likes

Take it to the cousins family tree thread

(Disclosure: I may have inadvertently contributed to the current derailment of the James Hird thread)

1 Like

Gees, you learn something new on Blitz everyday… Korumburra must be really small (relatively speaking)… Paul’s parents are Cousins and so are his siblings…

I wonder if Hirdy’s eve been to Korumburra? Maybe he has Cousins there? Paul, if you wouldn’t mind checking and reporting back it would be greatly appreciated.

Hail Hidy

I’m pretty confident there are Cousins in James Hird’s family.

Well there you go. He taught me HSC economics. The year he started his degree at Monash, he use to borrow my eco 101 notes for the lectures he couldn’t attend. Did he play a few games for the Bomber under19s ?

Nah, was more of a basketballer. Very small world!

In order of the other ones, not related to Ben or Boogie - apologies for my part in the thread derailment!

1 Like
5 Likes

Nasty nasty nasty rumour floating around on the social medias about Hirdy’s offspring tonight