James Hird Resigns

Announced today.

Bruce has done more for our cause than any of us softcocks on here. Most of what he writes is based on long hours of research and facts. The maniacal one is the hag from the rag.

“More for our cause”

What has he achieved?

What have you achieved?

Yeah Riolio, instead of driving down from Queensland to hand deliver the stand by Hird posters you had printed, you should have spammed the inbox of everybody in the media with org charts.

Or instead of a message of positive support we should’ve 420gsm’d the **** out of some insults.

Ultimately that’s where Francis has fallen down I think. If he printed his rants on 420gsm, people would notice.

Anyone else get the feeling there's a few club/board plants going hard in here since Hirdy got the shaft?

Obvious as dogs balls on a cat.

Name them.

Riolio
Your Team
Pazza
WOB

Plants, not duds.
Anyone else get the feeling there's a few club/board plants going hard in here since Hirdy got the shaft?

Name them.

Riolio
Your Team
Pazza
WOB

Plants, not duds.

Name them.

Riolio
Your Team
Pazza
WOB

Plants, not duds.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zehSKo5CJWY/hqdefault.jpg

Kudos.
DansDans said:

i understand that my question to you the other night got lost in all the other post’s.

So will ask again,

What are we moving forward to?

Another phase in Essendon’s history - isnt that what every wants?

Thanks for responding.

Yes we all want another phase, a good phase, but til WADA and CAS is over, we cannot start another phase.

You are absolutely right, however hopefully be the time preseason rolls around the CAS hearing will be done, we will have a brand new club with nothing hanging over their heads.

That’s a fresh start right there

No, I am calling the people who drop on and drop off as fair weather - thats the ■■■■■■■ definition of a fair weather supporter.

Do you actually know what a fair weather supporter is? We have plenty at Essendon, and they are members too.

Jesus, dont take everything so personally. Relax and think before posting

Maybe you’re the one who should be thinking before posting. I have followed Essendon for over 50 years, most of them as a member. Many on here are in the same boat. The last 3 years of this bullshit have gutted me. I have had heated discussions and arguments with friends, family and total strangers. I’ve read everything there is to read on this saga. I’ve educated myself as much as I can. I’ve had sleepless nights, I’ve been emotional. I’ve hurt with the players, coaches & fellow supporters. I’ve watched people I admire have their reputations dragged through the mud and their welfare ignored. I still don’t know why. I’ve stuck with the club - until now.

In all honesty I don’t know whether I will renew my membership next year after this club I’ve loved all my life has behaved with such a decided lack of morality. I could never, until now, foresee any circumstance where I would feel so alienated from it. At the moment the players are the only thing I am interested in. I’m totally disillusioned with my club, the AFL, ASADA, the media. If that constitutes a fair weather supporter then I’ll take that on board.

Have a think about the people who became disillusioned with the club when they discovered the footy department leaders allowed someone like Dank to stroll around unfettered.

From your post you’re assuming I haven’t given them a thought. That could not be further from the truth. I was one of them. There are many instances over the past 3 years where our club has acted poorly. Mistakes have been made all the way along the line. The events of the past few days are just another example and the last straw for many.

Mistakes have been made and you throw away 50 years of admirable connection to EFC ?

It’s not the mistakes as much as the lack of integrity in trying to rectify them that has me questioning my future involvement.

No, I am calling the people who drop on and drop off as fair weather - thats the ■■■■■■■ definition of a fair weather supporter.

Do you actually know what a fair weather supporter is? We have plenty at Essendon, and they are members too.

Maybe you’re the one who should be thinking before posting. I have followed Essendon for over 50 years, most of them as a member. Many on here are in the same boat. The last 3 years of this bullshit have gutted me. I have had heated discussions and arguments with friends, family and total strangers. I’ve read everything there is to read on this saga. I’ve educated myself as much as I can. I’ve had sleepless nights, I’ve been emotional. I’ve hurt with the players, coaches & fellow supporters. I’ve watched people I admire have their reputations dragged through the mud and their welfare ignored. I still don’t know why. I’ve stuck with the club - until now.

In all honesty I don’t know whether I will renew my membership next year after this club I’ve loved all my life has behaved with such a decided lack of morality. I could never, until now, foresee any circumstance where I would feel so alienated from it. At the moment the players are the only thing I am interested in. I’m totally disillusioned with my club, the AFL, ASADA, the media. If that constitutes a fair weather supporter then I’ll take that on board.

Have a think about the people who became disillusioned with the club when they discovered the footy department leaders allowed someone like Dank to stroll around unfettered.

From your post you’re assuming I haven’t given them a thought. That could not be further from the truth. I was one of them. There are many instances over the past 3 years where our club has acted poorly. Mistakes have been made all the way along the line. The events of the past few days are just another example and the last straw for many.

Mistakes have been made and you throw away 50 years of admirable connection to EFC ?

It’s not the mistakes as much as the lack of integrity in trying to rectify them that has me questioning my future involvement.

Your 50 years is priceless, just wondering whether you think Hirdy could have foregone his 750K termination payment and spilled the beans on the whole saga?

My previous years of membership were worth much more to me than the +1 it gave the club on it’s membership tally so, priceless to me, not to the club.

As for Hirdy accepting what payment is owed to him from the club, he deserves every cent he gets. He has more than earned it with club’s tacit acceptance of the trashing of his reputation. But I suspect you and I will not see eye to eye on that point.

I don’t know why you think he will be any more or less likely to spill the beans because of this payout, unless you know definitively whether he has an non disparagement clause attached to his leaving. Either way, I’m sure the players will be his primary consideration if/when he does speak out.

Your 50 years is priceless, just wondering whether you think Hirdy could have foregone his 750K termination payment and spilled the beans on the whole saga?

My previous years of membership were worth much more to me than the +1 it gave the club on it’s membership tally so, priceless to me, not to the club.

As for Hirdy accepting what payment is owed to him from the club, he deserves every cent he gets. He has more than earned it with club’s tacit acceptance of the trashing of his reputation. But I suspect you and I will not see eye to eye on that point.

Would have been good to see the trashing of other reputations.

I’m confused. Was someone after some homebrew advice?

Here I thought the primary reason people bought memberships was to watch and support 22 dudes in black and red try and win games of football?

Apparently it was to gain entry into a higher set of morals.

Not sure what’s happened to you mate.

Ping me when this phase is over though, I quite liked reading some of the previous Ben’s stuff.

Close your Blitz membership too and ■■■■ off from here as well.

Here I thought the primary reason people bought memberships was to watch and support 22 dudes in black and red try and win games of football?

Apparently it was to gain entry into a higher set of morals.

I get that there are two camps on the decision, but this is high from you, who has posted many morally based posts this season based on who you wanted selected or not

For me the dumping of hird now doesn’t make sense, doesn’t change much and when it comes to the dudes you speak off, being at the game last week you could tell they are hurting too.

Like the fans some of them will be thinking of moving on.

Never more true than at the EFC now is the Seinfeld classic ‘you’re just cheering for laundry’ as the heart n soul certainly seems gone replaced by afl faceless fucksticks.

Spirit shown after losing a coach as normal but a loss still the result.

We will get demolished by 200 next week against the Tigers seeing how they dismantled the Pies today.

I actually genuinely believe Hirdy would have got us a win this week.

I actually genuinely believe Hirdy would have got us a win this week.

Why do you say that?

The players let him down all year, this week would of been no different if he had still been coach

What is the logic of any player leaving the club because Hird resigned? I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?

Maybe because they have no trust in the club administration anymore.

Soo… We’re just like the other 17 clubs?

Well, under your logic, if we are just like the other 17 clubs, why should good players stick around to get flogged every week by maggots and media, when they can go to another club that we are “like”, especially when they would do it on better coin and with a cruisier life.

Should they stick around just because EFC now has "clear air"®???

Assuming the Little was of the belief that Hird “had to go”, and assuming that he had the numbers to implement that belief, then it makes absolute logistical sense to sack Hird ASAP. It gives EFC management additional time to recruit a new coach, set up for the draught etc – I’m not personally condoning Little’s actions at all, but from his point of view, it would have made no sense to knife Hird at the end of the season - unless he thought the players might be more accepting of that knifing then, rather than earlier, and thus less likely to request trades/ walk out.

Close thread it is all a moot point, he is gone now and I think we will be better for it. He can come back as the champion player he was in a couple years time. Get the right coach now that is the importa thing now. I would have picked Rattenbut think his son dying may stuff him…it shows now how good he was to achieve what he did at the scum and now he’s had a few years at the dawks

If we get Woosha as coach, I am done.

FFS, he presided over a team that was actively taking illegal drugs (and one ex-player died from it) while we have been pilloried for three years despite actually not doing anything wrong!

Wow, how soft of you and thoroughly misguided.

How misguided? Are you saying illegal drugs were not widely taken at WCE while Woosha was coach? And he was the only one in WA who did not know about it? He did nothing to stop it - Judd did more by saying he wanted to leave or he would speak out.

What was it that James Hird was hounded for all these years - a program that was not his responsibility to manage?

But you don’t want to apply the same standard to Woosha. Wow, how soft of you and thoroughly misguided.

I love your assumptions. Woosha did nothing about it right? How do you know? You were not there and knew nothing about it. Woosha did what he could but he cannot stop young blokes from doing what young blokes can do, any more than you as a parent can stop your kids.

And spare me the Judd drivel, he was into as much as the rest. Loved how when he cleaned up and left WC and moved to the Bloos the first thing he did was ply a young recruit with alcohol until he passed and and had to be taken to hospital. Yes Judd was right there and was leading the group that did it to the bloke. It was a hazing ritual. Blokes father tore shreds off Judd and club for putting his son through that. Sounds like Judd reformed really well don’t you think?

Woosha is no more responsible for what happened at his club than Hird was at ours. Anyone who says differently is just being a pathetic idiot that has fallen completely for the lines the media have been screaming for the past 3 years. You lot are pathetic.

Far too many on this site have now wandered down the path of doing what Caroline Wilson has been doing for 3 tears, putting this club down at every opportunity they can. Grow up and shut up and stop doing the media’s job for them.

Thanks mate.

No I haven’t passed on to the club directly, but I have no doubt they know where to look if they want some honest feedback.

TBH, there’s nothing the club can say on this that will make any sort of difference to me.

I don’t think I’ve agreed with anything the board have done over the last few years so this is just one more thing to add to the list.

Sometimes it’s good to vent. I passed on my feelings to the club both in written form (yes written) and also verbally twice (they called me actually) it’s good to get it out of your system and important not to get angry/frustrated at the person at the other end because it ain’t their fault. I told them what I felt and have moved on. Whether they decide to tell it to someone higher up that’s their business, I did what I had to do. I won’t bother renewing next year (at this stage). If the club decide to grow a pair, then I might but that’s unlikely. It’s easier to walk away after 25 years when the club has CONTINUALLY let its fans and supporters down.