James Hird Resigns

Whether Hird was sacked or resigned doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, as either way in my eyes the board and the AFL are culpable. If the board had shown him just a reasonable amount of fairness and support he would still be there. When even your own are turning on you it would gut you. Eventually Hird died from a thousand cuts. Little is an AFL plant and has done almost nothing but their bidding from the beginning, and the board just followed his lead.

Remember when Little came in talking the big talk about fighting the AFL. I’ve always wondered what exactly they had on him or offered him to turn so quickly. Its like the betrayal people feel about Caz & Cuz, if they were honest, people wouldn’t feel let down, instead they promised 1 thing & delivered the complete opposite. Little came in promising to stand up for the club & fight but he’s been a complete coward & rolled over at every point. The pressure he put back on Hird to take the fall for the club was disgusting.

I was wondering what was going on with Little until I saw him in the stands with Fitz, and then my heart sank. Chip’s book confirms he is one of them, and it wouldn’t have taken him much to turn on Hird. It was a bit like Evan’s except he wasn’t a good friend of Hird to start with, that I know of.

Enemies become friends.

So much for clean air. another Fairfax commentator putting the boots into Hirdy. http://www.watoday.com.au/comment/karalee-katsambanis-is-becoming-an-afl-star-really-something-to-aspire-to-20150823-gj5ows.html

What an inflammatory, ill-informed drama queen! At least it was good to see her copping a bit in the comments sections.

I quoted Chip’s book - how is that uninformed? Do you think Chip was full of it? Little had been fighting for Hird had he? Hird wasn’t almost sacked before the B&F? Why didn’t Little even mention Hird at the B&F? Little exposes himself by his actions, for all to see.

deleted

Whether Hird was sacked or resigned doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, as either way in my eyes the board and the AFL are culpable. If the board had shown him just a reasonable amount of fairness and support he would still be there. When even your own are turning on you it would gut you. Eventually Hird died from a thousand cuts. Little is an AFL plant and has done almost nothing but their bidding from the beginning, and the board just followed his lead.

Remember when Little came in talking the big talk about fighting the AFL. I’ve always wondered what exactly they had on him or offered him to turn so quickly. Its like the betrayal people feel about Caz & Cuz, if they were honest, people wouldn’t feel let down, instead they promised 1 thing & delivered the complete opposite. Little came in promising to stand up for the club & fight but he’s been a complete coward & rolled over at every point. The pressure he put back on Hird to take the fall for the club was disgusting.

I was wondering what was going on with Little until I saw him in the stands with Fitz, and then my heart sank. Chip’s book confirms he is one of them, and it wouldn’t have taken him much to turn on Hird. It was a bit like Evan’s except he wasn’t a good friend of Hird to start with, that I know of.

Must have really irritated him when two pro-Hird people got onto the board via a social media campaign. Oh, wait. What happened there?

Whether Hird was sacked or resigned doesn’t really matter in the scheme of things, as either way in my eyes the board and the AFL are culpable. If the board had shown him just a reasonable amount of fairness and support he would still be there. When even your own are turning on you it would gut you. Eventually Hird died from a thousand cuts. Little is an AFL plant and has done almost nothing but their bidding from the beginning, and the board just followed his lead.

I'm with Carps on this.
serious?, Reboot and I argue on pretty much everything yet on this one we agree, that cant be a co-incidence.

Ha ha not very scientific. Just means you might have the same source, not that the source is right.

We don’t.

#teamihavenoideawhatsgoingon

#teamwhathaveyougottosaynowmrdemetriou

I'm with Carps on this.
serious?, Reboot and I argue on pretty much everything yet on this one we agree, that cant be a co-incidence.

Ha ha not very scientific. Just means you might have the same source, not that the source is right.

We don’t.

Nope. We don’t.

So much for clean air. another Fairfax commentator putting the boots into Hirdy. http://www.watoday.com.au/comment/karalee-katsambanis-is-becoming-an-afl-star-really-something-to-aspire-to-20150823-gj5ows.html

Relax Karalee, your little angel is probably as un-cordinated as the vast majority of other little kids, and simply learning how to efficiently operate his limbs.
It’s highly doubtful he’s the next Matt Priddis, so you can calm down you “wound up over nothing Mummy!”

this comment made me chortle something chronic.

What a bozo she is. It’s just so sad how dumb our society is.
Sadly, I read most of that rubbish and I could feel my brain cells dying as I did.

Perhaps Karalee's little angel can follow in his opinionated bogan mother's footsteps and become a "social commentator" just like her.

Hopefully he makes her proud…FMD!!

Relax Karalee, your little angel is probably as un-cordinated as the vast majority of other little kids, and simply learning how to efficiently operate his limbs.
It’s highly doubtful he’s the next Matt Priddis, so you can calm down you “wound up over nothing Mummy!”

What a bozo she is. It’s just so sad how dumb our society is.
Sadly, I read most of that rubbish and I could feel my brain cells dying as I did.

What is the logic of any player leaving the club because Hird resigned? I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?

I’ll give it a try.
For 3 years now the players, the staff, the board, the members and the supporters have all stuck fast and believed we would resist the persecution, the lynch mob mentality, the injustices that have occurred, and the consequences that have flowed from it.
For 3 years the players have stuck. Hird has been their leader and their strongest support.
And now the board believes that we must put it all behind us, and the only way to do it is to move on without Hird.
The supporters, as evidenced by what the majority of Blitzers have expressed here, feel that this decision means we have given up the fight, given up the hope and belief that we can resist and overcome it all.
Why would the players not feel the same way?
The club is telling them that we must move on. That all those involved will always be mired in the bitterness and the anger, and it is time to give it up.
Well, obviously (obvious to me anyway), the players would think this means they are being told they should give up on the stick with it/bunker mentality, and go forward, somehow with “a clean slate”.
Can’t you see that the players would see that the way ahead for them is to think “fark it, I need a new start, the club is telling me to stop fighting it, and make a new start, put all this behind me”?
Can’t you see that they would see that there is nothing left for them at Essendon except a bitter experience, and a shell of a future.
Can’t you see that they would interpret the club’s views about having to move on without Hird, as applying equally to them? How would they not interpret the club’s decision to move on without Hird as the signal that it was time for them to move on and finish their career as best they can elsewhere?

I see it differently. From my perspective there have been many victims of this saga - the players may have stuck fat with a couple of exceptions but we have lost a number of people involved in the program, including: Hamilton, Robson, Corcoran, Evans and Thompson. Hird and Reid were the only major players in the saga that remained at the club.

To me Hird’s status as a champion of the club does not lift him on a pedestal above those others. Regardless of what the players thought of him as a person, he was the senior coach and if you’re not performing, the senior coach goes. Coaches come and go in the AFL, while players tend to stay if they are wanted.

I wager we’ll get a new senior coach in the next few weeks and that new senior coach will represent a fresh start for everyone. The new coach will have new ideas and will get the playing group excited about playing football again. We’ve still got the WADA hurdle to clear but assuming we get the all clear there we will have a new season to prepare for under a new regime and a lot to look forward to. This period will remain a black spot in the club’s history but hopefully with time we will look back on it as the reality check that the Essendon FC had to have.

How the hell is a new coach going to represent a new start? There is no new start until the WADA appeal is over, half the board including Judas Little are gone, Hird has recieved some sort of vindication or redemption and is brought back into the club in some way whether via the board or some other way.
All of those things are going to take years.
All this bullshit about fresh starts is exact that, bullshit.

“Judas Little” - FFS.

For some reason everyone who isn’t Hird cops ■■■■ on here. Bomba Thompson cops ■■■■, Neil Craig cops ■■■■, Paul Little cops ■■■■, David Evans cops ■■■■, Paul Hamilton cops ■■■■, Ian Robson cops ■■■■, Dean Robinson cops ■■■■, but Hird is some sort of martyr who did nothing wrong. The fact that he was scapegoated doesn’t change the fact that he is as culpable as all those other people in this saga. In fact, he probably knew more about the supplements program than any of those guys except Robinson.

Paul Little was handed a ■■■■ sandwich and has done his best with it. We called him “General Little” and said he was “leading the charge” when he was supporting Hird but as soon as he withdrew his support (to what degree is unclear) he became Judas. Bomba Thompson had all sorts of ■■■■ thrown at him after the B&F speech for being a turncoat.

If you turn on everyone who is not Hird then surely you can’t say ‘we’re all in this together’ without seeing the irony.

nah ■■■■ this, the fact he was scapegoated doesnt make him any less culpable but you know, human emotion and sympathy will make you feel sorry for the bloke and want to support him till he drops dead

i fkg hate this post, its just so fkg belittling, despite what you think about criticisms levelled at ex employees of the club

I'm with Carps on this.
Even from 4000kms away I can see that Hird was punted.

Don’t by into the “Craig is a ■■■■■■■” story though.

No idea who this John Carpenter guy, but his story is same I have been told.

Neil Craig is a straight guy and had nothing to do with Hird being shafted.

This is true. He had nothing to do with the departure of Hird. However…from what I’ve been told, there has been undermining during both Hird and Bomber reigns.

Word is he pushed hard once to be coach once Hird was gone. Hird made sure that didn’t happen. Egan is a good bloke and loyal.
Will be interesting to see what comes from the internal review.

Game Of Thrones

Not far from…

I'm with Carps on this.

But if their info isn’t normally the same wouldn’t that imply their sources are different? Or do we take it that their source is the same and he/she just likes to take the ■■■■ by feeding them opposite information just to start plant wars on blitz?

I'm with Carps on this.

This is true. He had nothing to do with the departure of Hird. However…from what I’ve been told, there has been undermining during both Hird and Bomber reigns.

Word is he pushed hard once to be coach once Hird was gone. Hird made sure that didn’t happen. Egan is a good bloke and loyal.

Game Of Thrones

I'm with Carps on this.

So much for clean air. another Fairfax commentator putting the boots into Hirdy.