James Hird Writes for Herald Sun

Well, I haven’t read it all yet, & won’t 'til tomorrow, … but it’s a really good thing, and feeling, to cash in today’s chips on.

So glad he’s OK, & not just getting on with it, but doing it head on , … in public, … in the most read rag in the country, . … just like when he came back from those horrendous facial injuries, … within 5 minutes of getting back on the ground for the 1st time since, … he dived across someones boot for a smother, … the exact thing that smashed his face in, in the first place.

Courage in my world was given a new name that day, one that it has carried since, and still continues to carry with this exemplar today. Welcome back James Hird.

12 Likes

Fair to say I wasn’t expecting to see that when I logged in here.

Great stuff.

Welcome back. Hopefully the team will bring some joy to all of us this year!!

2 Likes

Have no words at the moment to express my feelings after reading that.

Was so saddened by ’ I didn’t deserve their support’.

Can’t imagine what it would be like to be in such a dark place.

I wish James all the very best in recovery, coz yes, you do deserve it and the people who love you (family, friends, supporters) aren’t going to let you forget that.

14 Likes

Hadn’t thought about what it would do for the team, … how it will ease their mind’s and buoy their spirits.

Gonna now put $50 on us to beat the Dawks on the strength of it.

7 Likes

That’s hilarious. The Age have quoted word for word what was written in the HS. Can they do that?

2 Likes

dat last qtr vs eagles always brings a tear to my eye

16 possies
3 goals inc match winner

you don’t see that anymore, by anybody.

15 Likes

Has or is anyone within the clubs higher circles asked or tried to ask James to march with us to the G!!!

This needs to happen…!
Someone make it happen please.

4 Likes

The umpires were right there, and they didn’t see it…

25 Likes

really happy to know hes comfortable enough to talk about his experiences and glad hes working on articles to keep himself occupied. i hope he comes to the march!

1 Like

And yet, the maggots were not impressed - they gave 3, 2,1 votes to people who played far lesser roles that day.

That day proved how corrupt the AFL is and how far they will go to manipulate outcomes.

Little were we to know just how far that corruption and manipulation would extend over the next 10 years.

8 Likes

1 Like

Fkn herald sunners

3 Likes

There’s lots I want to say but I’ll keep it short: I love the man.

2 Likes

Hirdy!

My user name is relevant again.

6 Likes

Fark I love the great man that is James Hird. We are truly not worthy of him.

I would jokingly make these kind of comments to friends over the years, not anymore, they are now real.

3 Likes

Lol

Hirdy. Legend.

2 Likes

Great to see “The Cult of Hird” remains still strong!

That he can carry himself through this unprecedented campaign of hate, survive it and come out with such a steadfast article just speaks volumes for him.

Honestly, I see no-one more inspiring and trustworthy person in the country these days than him.

18 Likes

Great to see.

I just hope that the HUN disable their reader comments section for all his articles. Or at least put a moderator in there that knows what they’re doing.

I await the inevitable facebook or twitter campaigne to boycott the paper if they continue to employ him. Let’s hope the HUN has a backbone.

6 Likes