JD Thread Addiction Recovery - How many steps JoeDan recovery take?

I can proudly say that the thread in question has not been a part of my mandatory blitz reading.

I’ll just wait for our excellent media outlets to let me know what he is doing.

After all, it’s not like they ever report speculative drivel instead of cold hard facts.

2 Likes

Well, to be technical, it’s called “Read Guidelines”, which is, I suppose, in the spirit of a footy forum.

In the sense that umpires tend to see decisions affecting Collingwood as subject to “guidelines” rather than actual rules.

(It is one of the rarer Badges - interesting to see who are the 191 Blitzers who’ve bothered.
Though I suspect some of those names hopped on a tram rather than running the full preseason distance.)

And I’d always assumed you wrote them- sort of like Moses at least.

2 Likes

What am I missing out on?

Is there a Badge on acquiring a certain number of Badges ?
If not, there should be.

141 sht something must have happened. Is Joe OK? Is he staying? Has he signed for Hawthorn. Fk, he must have signed for Hawthorn, why else would there be so many new posts? Why? WHY? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US JOE? WHY WHY WHY WHY???

2 Likes

Blitz likes and badges are just a Ponzi scheme.

Step 2 in a 12 Step Addiction Recovery program - Come to believe that a power greater than myself may restore me to sanity.

This step is very apt. Who or what is the power in which you will put your trust? Is it jackets, is it smack in christ pose, or is it someone else? For me I am relying on X and his strategic plan - I think there is secret power in this document.

I note the demon thread now has 360 unread posts for me. But I am feeling stronger than yesterday.

How is everyone else going?

3 Likes

It’ll ne OK. If I just check once, I’ll know that he hasn’t left yet, and then I’ll feel better, right? Just one little check, just to see what those last 150 posts are about, and to make sure that he hasn’t gone yet…

HELP!

I think you need to contact your sponsor in this moment of weakness.

1 Like

You’re right…I will go qand consult with my sponsor. Thank you

It’s so hard. That Dirtbombs track was no good. But the temptation has passed for now. [breathes]

1 Like

Forgive me Blitz for I have sinned. It’s been 119 posts since I last looked.

1 Like

ahh so this is the boomer thread, got it.

Step 3 of 12 step recovery program: Make decision to entrust your will and your life to the care of the collective wisdom and resources of those who have searched before us.

497 unread posts. I am still going strong, seems to be getting easier. That has to be 2 hours of my life I haven’t wasted. I enjoyed the nice sunny day - flowers were blooming, bees were buzzing.

I haven’t been on the JD thread for about 4 days - mostly due to international travel. 590+ new posts in that time.

In contrast, I haven’t checked the thread of our current B&F winner for several months (not since he was out injured). Only ~560 posts in all that time.

It’s not the volume of posts in the JD thread as much as they all repeat the same fkg things.

The best bit is just as this thread was started that thread had a massive mood adjustment.

3 Likes

Begone Satan, I am not going to fall for your tricks

3 Likes

this threads just complaints about that thread.

I hope you’re not suggesting that X gon, in fact, give it ya?

Do not succumb to #TieGate.

Nothing to see there.

2 Likes