Jed Lamb

We are in the mix apparently.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-gws-midfielder-jed-lamb-to-choose-between-essendon-and-carlton/story-fnp04d70-1227559396132
Author:More Mayo Ralph.

ESSENDON has joined the race for GWS goalkicking midfielder Jed Lamb, who is set to choose between the Bombers and Carlton in coming days.

Lamb crossed from Sydney on a lucrative contract but was barely sighted at senior level, instead totally dominating the NEAFL competition.

He kicked 43 goals in 17 games as a small midfielder in the NEAFL, 10 more than anyone else at the club.

The Blues set their sights on him months ago given list manager Steve Silvagni’s knowledge of that list.

But Essendon has emerged as another suitor given they, too, are lacking goalkicking small forwards with the retirement of Jason Winderlich.

He will likely decide on a preferred club in coming days but his sizeable contract means GWS might need to continue paying some of the last year of his deal.

Not quite quick enough for my liking seems to be a bit slugglish which scares me off him

I'm super excited about this but at least it shows we are targeting the right type of players.

Has barely gotten a game in 5 years across 2 clubs, hasn’t done anything when he did, how is he “the right type” ???

Sorry I meant to say ‘Not super excited’.

I meant goal kicking mid is the right type we should be targeting.

Can't see how a Pick 21 makes a highly touted first rounder? Can't see how a guy who's played 22 games in 5 years and was shifted fast by the swans and rolled up overweight to His new club is somebody we should be chasing with a 3rd round pick.

Pass.

2010 was the draft year with GC concessions, Jed Lamb was Sydney’s first pick in that draft. At the time there were several media analysts that thought he could go anywhere between pick 12-20. Whilst that isn’t ‘highly touted’ to your standards… generally when a team known for good recruitment spends a FIRST round draft pick on a player… they rate him.

Swans also moved on Mumford… but clearly he is a spud too.

I’m not saying your wrong… but we could do a lot worse with a 3rd round pick in this weak draft.

Is he still a nutter?

I’m getting tired of these puns… Stick a fork in this thread

Ovviously Dodoro has been doing his homework here. l might get roasted for this, but he doesn’t sound like a spud, put in a little thyme and he could be a spicy addition.

Can’t we just pick him up with out last pick in the rookie draft.

We haven’t got that many natural goal kickers on our list, but I don’t think Lamb’s the answer.

Just don’t let Butcher near him

Can’t see how a Pick 21 makes a highly touted first rounder? Can’t see how a guy who’s played 22 games in 5 years and was shifted fast by the swans and rolled up overweight to His new club is somebody we should be chasing with a 3rd round pick.

Pass.

Groan …

Oh… wow

If we really don't want him we should just draft former Freo player Clinton Wolf to keep the Lamb at bay.

Get them both, then when they mix up jerseys at training (like always) we’ll have a Lamb in Wolf’s clothing.

If we really don’t want him we should just draft former Freo player Clinton Wolf to keep the Lamb at bay.

He played half a season at the Swans during a Top 4 year for them… got released to make room for Tippett and Franklin show. Then moved to GWS on the big contract and by the above posted links… clearly didn’t put the right work in to get fit enough.

The reality is that there will be guys on Gold Coast and GWS lists that aren’t getting games because of the huge stockpiles of talent both clubs have. Doesn’t make him a spud. Was highly touted first round pick, played well enough at Swans to earn decent contract and did get some interest at the time…

If we could get him with a 3rd rounder… he is a very big upgrade on Ambrose so it would be a great win for our forwardline. Also the move back to Vic will help him.

I'm super excited about this but at least it shows we are targeting the right type of players.

Has barely gotten a game in 5 years across 2 clubs, hasn’t done anything when he did, how is he “the right type” ???

I’m super excited about this but at least it shows we are targeting the right type of players.

What we know about Worsfold, is that he likes to have a big group of midfielders that he can rotate. I would assume he'll let the list management team know that his priority is building a large midfield group. Players like Lamb and Scott Selwood, arnt going to cost a lot but could add to the depth.

Scott Selwood wouldn’t be cheap.

I thought he was a restricted free agent.

He is.
Decent player, too, 25 going on 26 so he’d be a decent get.

I have genuinely never heard of this guy.