Jeremy Cameron 10x1

10 years, $1m a year… Ship him in… Now what to give up lol

Aylett + Edwards

This has Caddyfest written all over it…

with infinitely more disappointment.

We could offer them Hurley, Goddard, Thompson, the High Performance Centre and Tanya Hird but the AFL would still veto it

They need a gun defender so offer Carlisle and throw in Colyer as the steak knives.  Trav kicked a bag against them last year.

Pears and Colyer plus a 3rd rounder.

Ok, I'll say it........why do we need another defender??

Just give half of our latest shipment. That's a fair trade.

This will be bigger than Judd. The guy is so young, already a AA and has the potential to be a multiple Coleman medalist. Teams will be throwing everything to land him and they better be prepared to give up a Josh Kennedy (WC) type player. I don't think they will be hungry for draft picks so you will need to give up even more than a player of that caliber to get him. We would have to give up someone like Daniher which I do not think we will be prepared to do. 

I do not believe the timing is right for us. We need him, we will look at every possible option but we are not the type of team that has the ability to land this kid within the next couple of years. 

Fyfe and Cameron, get it done. Give Fyfe # 5 Cameron # 18.Sell the farm.

if he goes to carlton or collingwood i'd be gutted.

This will be bigger than Judd. The guy is so young, already a AA and has the potential to be a multiple Coleman medalist. Teams will be throwing everything to land him and they better be prepared to give up a Josh Kennedy (WC) type player. I don't think they will be hungry for draft picks so you will need to give up even more than a player of that caliber to get him. We would have to give up someone like Daniher which I do not think we will be prepared to do. 

I do not believe the timing is right for us. We need him, we will look at every possible option but we are not the type of team that has the ability to land this kid within the next couple of years. 

GWS will happily stockpile more picks because it just enhances their trade and draft position year on year. Gives them plenty to bargain with for other players or for picks+players which is the exact same reason they never traded any serious picks or players to begin with. They didn't/don't have to? It's all about maintaining supreme leverage at the draft table and trade table irrespective of their ladder position. 

On Cameron (pie in the sky I know) he would be a forward with us so it stands to reason that he would replace whoever our 2nd preferred key forward option is as we wouldn't move JD.

JC or Hurley + the version of Zaka from his BnF year would/should have done it (maybe pick 19ish to seal the deal). However given Zaka has gone backwards since then, we would struggle to do a deal. 

They will want something exorbitant no doubt.We'd probably be better off going for a completely different target with a blockbuster deal. One that nobody is looking at whilst they are all falling over themselves to sign Cameron.  

Must be prepared to part with a favorite for a favorite

If he wants to leave, then he wants to leave. As already mentioned, draft picks probably wouldn't be wanted by GWS so others would have to offer some pretty good players as well. If he heads to North, the Saints, the Bulldogs or Melbourne, they don't really have much to give up I'd think that would trump us, and he'd be settling for playing in front of 15,000 people a week.

I think we would be in the running..

Will end up at the Hawks or Dees IMO.

GWS are short of backmen so..................

..............Carlisle or Hurley plus a pick.

We are not interested in Cameron.
But this is a good distraction that will allow us to concentrate on who we really want.

Tom Scully? fk yeah!

But this is a good distraction that will allow us to concentrate on who we really want.

If we are not interested in Cameron, we need our heads checked. I'd be very interested in Dylan Shiel too.
1 Like

And that is? Pretty please tell :)