Jeremy Cameron 10x1

We're probably planning on a big play for Jacob Townsend, Mark Whiley or Zac Williams.....

Caneron has hardly lit it up in 2014 now that opposition teams treat him as a serious player. Anyway he is currently playing defence - Marquee forwards stay in the forward line. 

Completely unrelated to your point yaco but do you actually want any sport or do you just go off recaps and results?

Completely unrelated to your point yaco but do you actually want any sport or do you just go off recaps and results?

What a strange question ?  I only post in the sporting threads in which I regularly watch that sport. I don't post in most of the sports threads. I leave that to Aceman who is one of the sporting guru's on BB

I dont rate Cameron as highly as some - For me he is a second tall forward ( a good one at that ). The fact is that teams are paying more attention to him in 2014, and he has played average footy. I wouldn't break the bank to recruit Cameron. And BB does tend to over-hype players - In some cases BB is worse than the media.    

What a strange question ?  I only post in the sporting threads in which I regularly watch that sport. I don't post in most of the sports threads. I leave that to Aceman who is one of the sporting guru's on BB

I dont rate Cameron as highly as some - For me he is a second tall forward ( a good one at that ). The fact is that teams are paying more attention to him in 2014, and he has played average footy. I wouldn't break the bank to recruit Cameron. And BB does tend to over-hype players - In some cases BB is worse than the media.    

That's an opinion that you have. It's not a fact. 

It's hilarious that you totally missed Cameron in 2013. Clearly. 

Someone will offer their first pick which is higher than ours… so very little chance. GWS will hold any club to ransom for Cameron and want a top pick+player.

Very Caddy Like when he first said he wants to go home I reckon. Forwards like him don’t grow on trees

We are not interested in Cameron.
But this is a good distraction that will allow us to concentrate on who we really want.

Come on foggy. Who is it? Give us another clue.
I really have no idea whether the club would go hard after a midfielder or another KPP.

But this is a good distraction that will allow us to concentrate on who we really want.

I really have no idea whether the club would go hard after a midfielder or another KPP.

My guess would be a midfielder.

It'a Mundy. Fog pre much said it in the free agency thread.

Caneron has hardly lit it up in 2014 now that opposition teams treat him as a serious player. Anyway he is currently playing defence - Marquee forwards stay in the forward line. 

Cameron played defence for one quarter last week. And it's absurd to say that opposition teams are only now treating him as a serious player. He has been their best forward, and has been getting the oppositions best defender, every week since he started. When you consider he has been playing in clearly the weakest team in the competition, his achievements to date have been extraordinary and unprecedented in the modern game.

fyfe 4 lyfe 

That'd be a great get.... 4 years ago. 

I really hope we are not ignoring the best young key forward prospect of the modern era, because we have our sights on a 29 year old B+ grade inside mid. 

Fogdog thread from 7 weeks ago + Fogdog comments here at 1 minute past the hour = a grand old flag flying 8

What-gif_1.gif

I really hope we are not ignoring the best young key forward prospect of the modern era, because we have our sights on a 29 year old B+ grade inside mid. 

I thought we already had him.

I thought we already had him.

touché

Haha, good call. I remember a few years back we went hard for Mundy but he was still in his mid 20's at that point. Also, why would Mundy want to leave a team that made the Grand Final last year to go to a team that hasn't won a final in forever? I doubt we can afford to lure him with a massive pay packet.

Hell, Frawley would be a better target simply because he still has years left (and we could certainly use another defender-cum-forward).

That's right. 

BRENT.

MALANAY.

BRING HIM IN.

I heard Dal Santo went for Essendon as a kid...

Oh ok cheers. I'm all for us going for Mundy. Given we once again have virtually zero draft currency again I think the free agency path is right for us. We can win a flag over the next few years so I don't see harm in having Mundy join the likes of Goddard, Chapman, Watson, Winderlich and Stanton so we can have a proper dig at it. If it doesn't work then that's fine because we will still have a quality young core of players leading us forward who we can then built around - Heppell, Myers, Zaka, Carlisle, Daniher, Melksham, Merrett x2, etc.
Adding Mundy will surely give us the ammunition to have one of the best clearance/contested ball midfields in the comp. Mundy, Watson, Heppell, Hocking, Melksham, Myers is quality. Still need a quality line breaker or 2 though...

Whilst we may very well be interested in Mundy, I doubt that’s who fog was referring to. Why would Freo be distracted by a Cameron bidding war (unless of course they’re one of the main clubs chasing him, though I doubt that)?

IMO, fog’s clearly referring to another GWS player, though I have no idea who. I’m sure he’ll drop a few more hints later on in the season, can’t blame him for not naming names yet… people on here tend to flame the messenger if things don’t eventuate as they hope they will.