JLT 2 vs Geelong, Colac, Sunday 11/3/18 1.05pm Fox

The Blitz core would go critical and meltdown if a performance like Wangaratta was repeated at Colac.

In our favour maybe even 2 of the DangerSellBlett triumvirate will be wrapped in cotton wool only to be unveiled when 4 points are up for grabs.

But our midfielders really really need a workout against decent opponents, so I would be happy if all 3 played.
But that might risk the China Syndrome on blitz !

There will be a VFL practice game at 4pm after the main game.

1 Like

Geelong performed as badly against GCS as we did against Richmond considering the relative quality of the sides.

Pressure will be on both Geelong and us to bring their A game on Sunday.

Going to be carnage on here if we get demolished again.

13 Likes

They’ll have their best 22 - maybe minus Ablett.

1 Like

Lol

if we play the same way you could say efc firsts are in a vfl practice match.

At least that’ll be fun

1 Like

Having a weeks rest could be an advantage.

So will be have 1x more practice match before round 1?

Like west coast n freo did?

I think we should try to lose because it’s good to practise losing and will ensure that we win the premiership

7 Likes

Both teams seasons are over. It’s a battle for the wooden spoon.

Am I doing it right?

7 Likes

Nah. Pre season means nothing.
Richmond will be bottom.
Geelong and Essendon to play off in the grand final.

Fark Carlton

Somethings just need to be said.

6 Likes

It’s always implied.

1 Like

They’ve already teased the prospect of leaving blokes out again for this match. Suggestions last week that they’ve had such a physically demanding pre-season that they don’t need these JLT games for match conditioning.

But… that would mean that I’m wrong…!?!

2 Likes

potentially. Or it could all be garbage and they’ll roll out their best available team for a proper tune up.

1 Like

Getting belted by Gold Coast by 9 goals might be enough to get Chris Scott to change is mind about whether they need a more competitive hit out.
Starting 0-6 last year was enough to get the Swans to take JLT seriously so anything’s possible really.

Hard to get excited about the JLT with nothing being televised on FTA.
All I have seen so far is the Ess v Richmond highlights on AFL App, After reading the review thread decided not to bother watching the drubbing…

2 Likes