JLT 2 vs Geelong, Colac, Sunday 11/3/18 1.05pm Fox

For what its worth I recommend you watch the first quarter, and see how far you get from there.

You will find that there are some very good passages of play that were worth seeing.

1 Like

So, Darcy ( 181cm) will no doubt be doing some ā€œlearningā€ again and is a good match up for Ablett (182) or Selwood (183) Dangerfield is a bit taller at 189, we need a bigger body to throw at him. After going head to head with Cotchin, Darcy, is just going to have to deal with these sorts of players every week . I reckon he will love it, and it will propel him up a notch.

8 Likes

Donā€™t Geelong understand that you need to develop a ā€œWINNING CULTURE!!@!@ā€ via glorified training drills?

2 Likes

Didnā€™t realise our winning culture is comparable to Geelongā€™s.

I must have missed the bevy of finals we played in the last decade to go along with prelim finals and grand finalsā€¦

10 Likes

Colcac on Sunday and practice game. It would be hard to even get out of bed and breathe if you were a player , let alone play a game of footy. It;s like dancing with your sister, actually that probably happens quite a bit in Colac

This has yuck written all over it. Let me know if itā€™s any good

5 Likes

wat

7 Likes

Both teams need a better hit out this time around, I expect a better showing from both and a closer game.

I donā€™t mind the scoreā€¦ but Iā€™d hope for a better defensive effort at least. Putting up a more resistance than traffic cones would be a start.

5 Likes

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/2X/e/e3c0bef7337d92e8f405cf384d7b54577a433f64.png

And there goes all the good work of Sheedyā€™s country game initiative last year.

Iā€™m originally from near Cobden, not far from Colac, and you sir, are a d!ck of the highest order.

3 Likes

pretty much this. The score means nothing.

I just want too see:

Consistent effort

no injuries (in the end this is the only thing that truly matters in these games)

Clear structures, that donā€™t seem to go to pieces the minute the opposing team get a few goals

Guys on the fringe putting their hand up for selection. Hartley and Langford the first 2 that spring to mind.

1 Like
5 Likes

im lid off.

but even an optimist would feel a bit shot down if we get blown away again.

My warped sense of humour often gets me in trouble. I apologize if my words offended

4 Likes

Is TBell right to play this week? He wasnā€™t mentioned by Crow I donā€™t think

Fark me people are getting so worried about JLT

Sydney lost every game for about 10 years, didnā€™t seem to worry them

8 Likes

I hope so, Easily one of our most important players, I donā€™t trust Loon, Smack is not a ruckman and Draper is not ready.

We need Belly for 20+ games this year.

1 Like

Likely squad of 26 plus 4 emergencies

In, 6
2 Tom Bellchambers
13 Orazio Fantasia
17 Jimmy Stewart
18 Mick Hurley
23 Dave Myers
26 Cale Hooker

1 Andrew McGrath
3 Darcy Parish
4 Kyle Langford
5 Devon Smith
6 Joe Daniher
7 Zach Merrett
8 Martin Gleeson
9 Brendon Goddard
11 David Zaharakis
12 Mark Baguley
15 Josh Green
16 Joshua Begley
21 Dyson Heppell
22 Matthew Leuenberger
25 Jake Stringer
28 Mitch Brown
29 Patrick Ambrose
42 Adam Saad
43 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
45 Conor McKenna

Out/ Emergencies ( from)
20 Jackson Merrett
34 Jake Long
38 Sam Draper
44 Shaun McKernan
36 Michael Hartley
49 Matty Dea

Matt Guelfi is a smoky. Maybe try him out as a tagger ?

I reckon youā€™re more likely to see a couple of the senior guys who played AFLX miss. Zaharakis, McGrath, McKenna etc. Maybe Smith if he clocked up plenty of minutes in JLT1. Itā€™ll be a stronger side but not convinced itā€™ll be the best available. If they do all play, maybe expect some guys to be on limited minutes

The KP defenders will be the interesting one. Will give us a bit of an indication which combination theyā€™re leaning toward for Round 1.

1 Like

It will tell us a lot about how seriously we are taking this. Its 2 weeks recovery after this game, to round 1 so its not like we have a 5-6 day break.
You may be right, but if the club wants to get close to the final team out on the park playing together, this is it.

2 Likes