JLT 2 vs Geelong, Colac, Sunday 11/3/18 1.05pm Fox

Won’t so much be about recovery as players having the requisite kms in their legs. Some of the JLT guys might already have reached the pre-determined levels for them and only need top ups on the track. Similarly Smith, who’s completed just about the entire pre-season, might’ve have reached his required level.
But equally plausible that they want a proper dress rehearsal.

Myers was on SEN this morning and said they were pretty disappointed with JLT! and keen to put in a better performance. Can’t realistically say much else but that might be instructive.

Sydney back it up in the season though.

Essendon just lose games for the past 10 years.

3 Likes

As a serious question, is Guelfi a chance for lock down defender if Bags puts in another poor performance, and Mcneice doesn’t make it

I’d imagine Bags would get a little more rope than one game and McNeice would definitely be the next man in. Be a while before Guelfi would get a crack if all are fit.

As Matty Dea was one of the very very few who played well against Richmond, he’s surely at the head of that pack.

9 Likes

People often have a crack it at me when weve lost pre season games in similar situations , what exactly has the club achieved in those years exactly ?

Sydney dont take pre seasons seriously , let alone the first few weeks of a season seriously, cos they prefer to hopwfully hit the back end of the season as fit and firing as possible.

They also have a sustained period of producing results with this method , and havr 2 flags and how many gf appearences in the last 12 odd years.

You know who else dont takr pre season seriously , carl4on , North etc etc.

Using one example of why you should do this and this is pretty ■■■■■■■ pitiful.
Oh sydney dont care about preseason so why should we.

We should care cos we are a fuxking mediocre club that struggles to get their players to perform at a consistent , let alone a consistently high level of output, and if you cant get players to turn up for , as you lot say meaningless games , how do you expect them to jist do it when it counts ?
When you have 15 years of evidence to show the xlub as a whole dont.

You can compare us to thw likes of sydney and hawks and even geelong whwn we have a even modicum of succes beyond finishing 8th.
Until then , what sydney does is so fuxking irrelevant to what this club SHOULD be doing.

4 Likes

I think we took it seriously last year. Sure we didn’t win one, but our game plan was on display for all to see and it was exciting.

I’m not sure we can take anything from the Richmond game for all the reasons already mentioned. Let’s hold fire until we see how the boys look against Geelong.

2 Likes

is he too tall and slow compared to Guelfi

Our backline has pace, what it seems to lack are defenders.

15 Likes

I was more referring him to hold a Betts, Rioli type player, so that Saad can remain free to run, and McGrath can stay in the middle.

fair critical to that part of the ground… :laughing:

1 Like

I want Worsfold to use the JLT to try players and tactics that we are not sure about in a context where there’s nothing on the line. I don’t give a toss about the results.

Use the last game as a warm up for the season but the other games should not disrupt high training loads aimed at making sure we can go deep into the season.

4 Likes

One of the only players who seemed to be having a go. Always seems to be running to hit/meet the contest/ball.

I don’t think Essendon as a team is that stage where they can experiment with players in diffrent posistions and tatitcs club needs to build winning as a habit imo.

1 Like

I’ve never seen him play other than that way. Would love nothing better than to see him in the side every week.

2 Likes

Dea needs to play over guys like Jackson Merret.

1 Like

Comparing Dea and Merrett confuses me.

Why would they be competing for a spot?

3 Likes

Diffrent players I know but Merret is taking a spot for some one like Dea.

edit- Merret should have been delisted 2 years ago

1 Like

I don’t think you can legitimately say Jerrett is taking a spot.

what Jerrett got to do with Guelfi?