JLT 2 vs Geelong, Colac, Sunday 11/3/18 1.05pm Fox

Yep, I think you can say that Panell just played his way out of round one contention.
Unless umpires aren’t actually selected on form?

Zaka and Glesson injuries poo but overall happy with that.

I guess I think the opposite. So many taps to nowhere, wrap up the man with the ball, repeat in a game. I suppose if the ball’s getting clear on a regular basis, the opportunities disappear.

We’re gonna win the flag

4 Likes

You know, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was actually picked.

Also,… wonder if he and SMcK will have a run for a couple of 1/4’s in the VFL, … or if they can?? @theDJR

Watching the different combinations at the stoppages was interesting today.

Getting that balance right is very important.

I quite liked the look of Heppell / McGrath / Parish.

4 Likes

Looks for all the world like an important member of our starting 18 has just snapped his Achilles in ■■■■■■■ meaningless practice match.
But at least they had a crack after last week blah blah blah.

■■■■ pre season practice matches!!!

2 Likes

The freekick thing is an issue I think which needs to be stamped out/worked on.

I was listening on the radio and Myers put us in front only for someone to have given away a dumb free kick .

What kind of a moron holds the jumper as a bloke is kicking a goal to put your side in front.

Its very very arrogant and selfishly undisciplined.

That’s footy unfortantley if we want to be a good side we will have to start covering for players. As Clakrson would say out 1 soldier in another.

I like the cut of your jib.

2 Likes

Whats a jib?

glad we got stuck in in the last but if we lose hurls, zaha and gleeson for multiple weeks we’ll be coming from a long way back. hurls is obviously the one that really hurts out of that lot.

not really sure what to make of that, our pressure was really good at times and 71 tackles for the match is a solid return in a preseason game. on the flip a lot of tackles seemed to get slipped and we often looked a bit a short down back and a bit small around the ball.

got very little drive from half back today yet scored 100 which suggests that we didn’t do as bad around the contests as i felt.

disappointing that begley barely touched but good to see green and stewart work into it. in fanta’s absence i really hoped begley would stand up today.

on the back of these two games we don’t look anything like a top 4 threat.

assuming the worst likely rd 1 team:

bags hartley BJ
connor ambrose saad

mcgrath hepp smith
tbell zerret parish

stringer JD stewart
green hooker tippa

myers guelfi mcneice begley

hoping for a stand performance in the two from langford and redman, the list suddenly feels very very thin.

2ND HIGHEST FREE KICK TOTAL OF ALL TIME

14 Likes

Like a squib, but in the JLT

1 Like

Something you cut

You would go into the season proper w/out any practice games??

It sucks, but injuries can happen anytime, & do so no more or less in practice games, … which you just have to have.

2 Likes

Don’t make me quote the entire Devil’s Dictionary definition from the Coodabeen’s book.

Just f@rk off or take a valium or 3

1 Like

Where did Hurls get injured?

1 Like

Im disspointed you all missed that simpsons reference