JLT1 vs FCFC Thursday 28th Feb Ikon Park 6.45. Go Bombers!

Its a preseason match.
Let cripps get it all over the place and think he is awesome.
Just play tight on the other 17 players.
And use his man every opportunity we get,

Also Carlton probably dont want to run cripps into the ground in a JLT game if they arent stupid.
So his minutes may be limited, especially if he has already had a hit out against the hawks.

1 Like

Youā€™re really starting to look petty now. Using a 23 year olds career averages when heā€™s just broken out? Give me a break.

4 Likes

/fxd

1 Like

Iā€™d have gone with the champ personally.

2 Likes

Apology accepted

One dimensional? Not elite?

You certainly have some odd views on players. Crikey

4 Likes

The one dimensional comment is fair enough at this stage.

1 Like

Convince me otherwise.

And for the record Champion Data doesnā€™t have him as elite either.

So thats three of us.

Me, Champion Data and Chris.

1 Like

No injuries is all I want to see. Oh and Cripps ā€œaccidentallyā€ taken out off the ball

1 Like

Heā€™s an elite midfielder. He is rated elite in the following areas:
Possessions, contested possessions, clearances, tackles, score launches, contested marks and mark on the lead. Heā€™s above average for overall marks and scores from very limited time up forward.

He is elite.

4 Likes

Heā€™s also 4th favourite for the Brownlow and his team finished bottom of the ladder last season.

2 Likes

All buddy Franklin does is kick goals

One dimensional

10 Likes

fixed

6 Likes

Yes I got that Decks. I am saying it would be a massive surprise if Woosha brought back ā€œhard taggingā€ aka ā€œrun withā€ ( especially in the light of what Rob Harding said. I believe what Harding was referring to is the type of tagging called, ā€œmaking a player accountableā€ ) However, I am pointing out that its not impossible for hard tagging to rear its ugly head again. I am happy to not mention ā€œhard taggingā€ again. I would point out that for about the last 5-6 years ā€œ2 ruckmenā€ was dead in the water, then a team won the granny with 2 ruckmen. Maybe it will come back in in 2019-2020.

ā€˜Fantastic but not eliteā€™ā€¦ arguing over semantics here.

Any team would have himā€¦ he tore us a new one last year, and looks ā€™ fantasticā€™ playing in one of the most rubbish teams of all time. Plenty of ways to measure this guyā€™s ability other than Champion

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe it will happen. I donā€™t think itā€™s that likely, except for the odd occasion where a player is a much better negator than anything else, and the ā€˜tageeā€™ is an exceptionally more productive player than the ā€˜taggerā€™. Game plans are evolving into more cohesive organisms in my opinion, where each bit is vital to the whole - as opposed to how it used to be largely individual skill-based (other extreme).

2 Likes

Cripps would make our best 22 and weā€™d like him in our best 22

4 Likes

Just wait for KM to tell us Langford is a better player than Cripps

5 Likes

I think KM gets an unfair wrap at times due to his crazy over the top ā€œDonnington loveā€ of Langford.
Apart from that, heā€™s a pretty reasoned poster.
Heā€™s given his reasons why he thinks Cripps is overrated.
Most respondents seem to be just saying ā€œnah, youā€™re crazyā€, without giving any real reason why.

I think if someone (particularly someone who watches a lot of Fark Carlton because they like seeing them Farked) wants to provide some reasoned analysis as to why KM is wrong, iā€™d guess that heā€™d Happily listen

6 Likes