JLT1 vs FCFC Thursday 28th Feb Ikon Park 6.45. Go Bombers!

Was a ■■■■ to my mate at the pub after a game in 2016, Cripps was out with a few Carlton players, Jamison, Walker and Simpson off the top of my head and they all took pictures with him except Cripps who said he doesn’t do pics.

Not a huge issue but for @choppsuey maybe that’s enough for him to hate him.

Didn’t he also say the “tagger” wouldn’t necessarily stick with one player. They would pick the most dangerous option in any given situation

No.
And cripps is a deadset gun no one can tag him, legit beast

I don’t buy that type of argument.

If Cripps was more damaging else where they would use him there but they realise that once the ball hits the deck he is ineffective so he can then easily be exploited.

Bont for example may not be as strong at winning clearances but his value forward is huge. Not only can he proovide a marking target but he is so creative at ground level that he can set other players up.

Cripps needs to do more to be considered elite in my opinion.

That may be a coaching thing or it may also just be something he is not strong at.

Cripps is better than bonti.

11 Likes

That’s not exactly ****y behaviour though really. Bloke’s free to not want his photo taken with randoms.

Which stat did I get wrong?

Only if their name is ‘Alex’.

1 Like

We do have a habit of overrating everything Essendon though.

In that regard Nino is the only intelligent one among us :grinning:

1 Like

My mate has one from aflx he drove him in and was more than happy to be in the photo

1 Like

It’s not even considered a ‘tagging’ role - because the ‘role’ has evolved. It is a negating stance that may be shared by a number of players.

1 Like

All you guys must watch a lot of fcfc game to have such strong opinions about one of their youngsters. Thankfully I have no opinion on Cripps.

10 Likes

He average 29.6 disposals. 9th in the league.

And Alex is a genius.

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s the total disposals average. I think you might be looking at 2017 figures

I suggest you look across all stats before accusing me of being wrong.

I was using career averages mate.

Watch out - he’s thrown out the ‘mate’ now…

hahahahaha

9 Likes

I watch alot of footy games in general. He is a deadset beast. They will play him forward more this year when needed. he is hard to match up on, does his damage as a clearance beast.

6 Likes

well spotted, pal

2 Likes

Their strike rates are quite high when viewed in isolation :grinning:

We are sh!!t and have been for a long time