We’re leaving Suspension
We’re going to fark Carlton

So we gonna stay, all right,
we’re the fans of Essendon
We’re the generation,
Who trod through great tribulation

Reverse Exodus
Re-signing of Jobe’s people

He forms that important part of the bottom 10 from your best 22 that make a difference when the heat is on. And that is in no disrespect to Ben, just that he is important to our side.

Glad to have him #backin

C’mon Pears, decide so we can get to the Main Event.

Thought Tayte was good as gaaawwn…

Okay

I expect #4 Back In to be plastered on the big screens at the G this Saturday just before the boys run through the banner.*

*Or not.

But seriously, how good would that be? Jobe back in and a win against FC to finish off the year.

Callum Twomey - AFL.com
However, AFL.com.au understands after a push and submission from the AFL Players’ Association, the League has looked over its free agency rules and found that because the 10 players will need to be delisted to leave Essendon’s list, they should qualify as delisted free agents.

That would allow Essendon – and any other clubs interested in any of the top-ups – to sign them as delisted free agents and not be required to wait until November’s national, rookie or pre-season draft to add them to a list.

Good news for some?

Callum Twomey - AFL.com However, AFL.com.au understands after a push and submission from the AFL Players' Association, the League has looked over its free agency rules and found that because the 10 players will need to be delisted to leave Essendon's list, they should qualify as delisted free agents.

That would allow Essendon – and any other clubs interested in any of the top-ups – to sign them as delisted free agents and not be required to wait until November’s national, rookie or pre-season draft to add them to a list.

Good news for some?

Surely that means we can sign anyone of them now and not have to wait to delist them.

Callum Twomey - AFL.com However, AFL.com.au understands after a push and submission from the AFL Players' Association, the League has looked over its free agency rules and found that because the 10 players will need to be delisted to leave Essendon's list, they should qualify as delisted free agents.

Good news for some?

Surely that means we can sign anyone of them now and not have to wait to delist them.

No, they have to be delisted to be a DFA. We can then re-sign them.

Good news for some?

In reality yes, … but technically, we delist them, then immediately sign them if everyone’s happy with the contract straight away. Just autograph two sets of papers.

Re the thread title, I may be taking this too seriously but can we remove the ‘defection’. After 4 years of ■■■■ it’s not necessary, even if it’s meant tongue in cheek. I’d hate to think Hibbo paid a visit to this site and saw that.

Re the thread title, I may be taking this too seriously but can we remove the 'defection'. After 4 years of ■■■■ it's not necessary, even if it's meant tongue in cheek. I'd hate to think Hibbo paid a visit to this site and saw that.

What is it if it’s not a defection. We’re not saying he’s Kim Philby.

Re the thread title, I may be taking this too seriously but can we remove the 'defection'. After 4 years of ■■■■ it's not necessary, even if it's meant tongue in cheek. I'd hate to think Hibbo paid a visit to this site and saw that.

Exploring other options. Just like Tayte

I definitely don’t see it as a defection in any sense of the word. Must have been a very hard decision for him to make. Just look how long it has taken these other blokes to decide their future is with the club. After what they’ve been through they are entitled to decide on what’s best for them, and them alone, without being judged by us. I wish them all well regardless of whether they remain with the club or not.

2 probable departures pls

This little Piggy’s gone to market
I wish little Piggy stayed home
Hirsute Hurley pigged out on the roast beef
And this little Piggy didn’t get enough
So Piggy went Dea Dea Dea all the way to the Demons.

I edited that. It’s two probable departures (Hibberd and Pears), but in a short header the word “defection” makes it clear we’re not talking about Pears, and also helps make it clear there are two to resolve, not three.

Got a better word, I’ll listen.