Jobs from Blitzers?

Professionally, its probably admirable. Personally, I find it suspicious.

Professionally, its probably admirable. Personally, I find it suspicious.

what if it was because you ran livejasmine?

stall would hire you.

Lol. I don't brag about. Just curious to know how it is perceived.

It’s perceived as you being old af.

Also who’s hiring? Offer me a job and explain why I should work for you.

I’d say not having an online presence might be quite wise at times, means that your potential employer can’t track what you say and do.

Did Bombers08 take the Scottsdale job??? My respect for him is boolean and hinging on the answer.

Not unless bombers08 is short, stocky and female.

That’s interesting. I see non-users as discerning, that value their privacy and not prone to public displays of stupidity. That and they have better thing to do with their time other than communicating with random derks.

That’s interesting. I see non-users as discerning, that value their privacy and not prone to public displays of stupidity. That and they have better thing to do with their time other than communicating with random derks.

But also don’t know how to connect with modern communication tools and are behind in terms of news and social trends.

But also don’t know how to connect with modern communication tools and are behind in terms of news and social trends.

Do know how to connect with new forms of communication tools but would rather talk to you and by social trends do you mean Kardashian ■■■■ watch and news like"10 things you’re doing wrong but don’t know it"?

I know Gen Y has a thing with eye contact but surely you haven’t sub-contracted voice contact out to your device as well?

I am “gen y” and not on stalkbook.

Do know how to connect with new forms of communication tools but would rather talk to you and by social trends do you mean Kardashian ■■■■ watch and news like"10 things you’re doing wrong but don’t know it"?

You may see it that way, but will your potential employer?

And as for social media, you are just focusing on the dumb side of things. If you are catching up with the news via a newspaper then you are 24 hours too late.

And as for social media, you are just focusing on the dumb side of things. If you are catching up with the news via a newspaper then you are 24 hours too late.

This. LinkedIn and Twitter used correctly are amazing resources. That other stuff is always going to be there, at least on social media you can filter it out.

I don’t know anyone who still reads newspapers.
I am "gen y" and not on stalkbook.
Why not?

I don’t know anyone who still reads newspapers.

So how do you keep up with social events? News.com.au?

Not saying you need a social media account and from a personal perspective I would rather you didn’t but there are a lot of recruiters/employers out there that think if you aren’t in to CHB with social events then you are just a dinosaur stuck/set in your ways.

Can we turn this into some sort of blitz linked in? I’m a public servant in Launceston working part time while my kids are little. I’m ready to go back full time but can’t get the hours where I am now, which is the place bombers08 was too good for. I’ve got a smashing cv and would be willing to work for cash. I don’t wear ties.
Half of this post is serious.

“Working” as a public servant was probably the fake part.

The private sector is becoming appealing by the day

I know Gen Y has a thing with eye contact but surely you haven't sub-contracted voice contact out to your device as well?

I recently had a workshop with my current employer that was all about how we need to use LinkedIn. She explained good profile vs bad profile and a whole heap of useless ■■■■ like that. I don’t have a profile so asked her why I need one and it was crap like “networking” and the like. Every morning I’ll have a chat with the CEO, General Managers, whoever. Worked on project after project with these people because I talk to them and when I get the opportunity do the job well.

This ■■■■■ recruitment expert let me know how wrong that is and how I really need a LinkedIn profile or I’ll miss out on networking. Like our ■■■■■■■ CEO is on there all day looking for staff.

No online profile? Nobody gives a ■■■■. Might count for jobs in digital media or some ■■■■■ crap like that but that is it.

LinkedIn is designed so “recruitment experts” can justify their own jobs.