Jobs from Blitzers?

Hit Riolio up for a job. He must need a bean counter to keep track of all the money he makes from Blitz.

All the “hr” types tell me “get on linked in and work your network”.

Not convinced it’s good advice, but that’s what they say…

All the "hr" types tell me "get on linked in and work your network".

Yepp. One of the chicks who ‘professionally’ fixed my resume advised me to create a LinkedIn Account. She mentioned that she had a range of contacts for me to contact and endorsed me with a few skills she thought suitable. No success with it all atm.

can you meet someone that’s doing the dream job?

Ask to have a coffee with them and learn about what it takes to get into the industry. Ask if there’s other people they could connect you with. Follow up any contact with a courtesy email, and then link them on linked in. Grow your network, can’t guarantee you’ll get a job, but I can guarantee it’ll improve your chances.

These are your Job interviews though, so it’s a balance between casual get to know you and serious career type conversation.

Really?

I don’t use it hardly, but never get spam. Most recruiters I would need to use are on there, so it kind of helps. Alsonhelpsnto keep up to date on your opposition and customers.

Yepp. One of the chicks who ‘professionally’ fixed my resume advised me to create a LinkedIn Account. She mentioned that she had a range of contacts for me to contact and endorsed me with a few skills she thought suitable. No success with it all atm.

I was probably one of the first in this country on Linkedin.

It’s a colossal waste of time. All you get from them is spam.

Exactly. Received numerous private messages from people outside AUS (U.K, USA) regarding an unbelievable job offer. All BS.

I was probably one of the first in this country on Linkedin.

It’s a colossal waste of time. All you get from them is spam.

Our accountant just quit. Good conditions but may involve some travel...
Would love to but unfortunately no hands on/workplace experience.

Our Gm likes new grads. He’s recruited from Melbourne before. If you can do long term planning and strategy stuff he’ll be interested. The catch is…,

It’s in tassie.

He’d probably get lost.
Is there a map?

Probably have to crop it after all the bush that’s been lost down there recently

Our Gm likes new grads. He’s recruited from Melbourne before. If you can do long term planning and strategy stuff he’ll be interested. The catch is…,

It’s in tassie.

He’d probably get lost.
Is there a map?

Probably have to crop it after all the bush that’s been lost down there recently

Rename Tassie Little Brazil"?

Does Tassie have a landing strip?

It’s in tassie.

He’d probably get lost.
Is there a map?

Rename Tassie Little Brazil"?

Isn’t Tassie the Anti Brazil?

True. There is lots of bush down here…

Yeah i think I want a new job. When do I start.

Question to potential employers. What would you make of someone with no on-line profile? No facespace, no twatter, no linked in. Nothing. Do you see this as a positive or a negative?

Question to potential employers. What would you make of someone with no on-line profile? No facespace, no twatter, no linked in. Nothing. Do you see this as a positive or a negative?

I don’t care.
I don’t hire profiles.

It comes down to your role and position you want. I think some online presence is important as it shows you “exist” to an extent. It’s important to be objective where possible as people are influenced by the smallest things.

If any platforms, I’d reccomend LinkedIn at the least as you can also build your profile through other recommendations. Like a credited resume so to speak.

The problem with getting a job from a blitzer is that they would know that you’re spending all your working time on Blitz.

Did Bombers08 take the Scottsdale job??? My respect for him is boolean and hinging on the answer.

It depends. Are you one of those knobs who brags about having no online profile?

Lol. I don’t brag about. Just curious to know how it is perceived.