Joe Daniher

0 goals

But god it was refreshing seeing a forward clunking it on the lead

Should play out the year and build for a solid year next year.

Spend the entire off season taking set shots young man!

Maybe spend most of that off season in the gym. Will become an unstoppable force in the marking contest with another 7 or 8kg on him. But other than that you're right. It was good to see.

Looks like a natural forward, which is something we have lacked since Lloyd and Lucas hung up the boots. 

I really enjoyed his game. I'm still finding it hard to believe we have a bloke of this calibre on our list. He's played 4 games and he's playing on a lot more experienced men. Yes, his kicking may be suspect, but he if you flip it around, he had 4 scoring shots which he could've converted for 4 goals. I'm really excited.

All 4 shots were gettable. Kicking needs work, but gee he is a talent.

I also liked how he moved up the centre of the ground and delivered the ball into the forward line with better precision than most of our mids

Does more than gumbleton tbh 

We should keep him in for every game this year, he won't learn anything from the VFL he is well and truly past that. Experience in the big leagues is what he needs.

Must have been big game nerves and the pressure on him. If the coaches can get him to relax and practice as much as Cloke from Collingwood does, then he'll just line up and kick them easily, but that takes years.

Cloke listens to his iPod and practices for hours and hours.

It was like he was still playing in the VFL with the 2 on 1. Looks good though and has some silky skills when not having a shot on goal.

Did anyone notice too on the weekend it was the forwards who delivered the ball best to the leading forwards?

The game plan was stupid on Saturday and hindered him alot. Bombing it long to Daniher will be the way to go, but not when they have a loose man in defence. I can not believe that this was allowed to go on all game.

When on a lead he marked everything and positioned himself perfectly. Now if we can just get him one on one we should be ok.

4 shots on goal in THAT forwardline with THAT delivery? Like.

I get the feeling that Joe is going to be one of those forwards who needs to get a goal on the board early. If he kicks his first shot, he will have a big day. If he misses... well, same story as Cloke and Franklin.

His kicking is a concern, but geez... watching him lead and the way he positions himself reminds me just how long it has been since we had a genuine key forward in our forward line. 

Good times ahead with this bloke. 

Did they show any shots of Anthony and Darcey on TV when Joe got the ball? 

I was sitting behind him at the game and I don't really want to download the replay to check.

Joe seems to already have all the stuff you can’t teach… Instincts, poise, etc.

Kicking can be worked on!

Did they show any shots of Anthony and Darcey on TV when Joe got the ball? 

I was sitting behind him at the game and I don't really want to download the replay to check.

No

agree. Like the cut of his jib

Looked great on the lead. One day he will kick 20.

I just hope its goals.

Dell would have kicked 6, just as Peedo.

Does more than gumbleton tbh 

do you post anything positive at all in any threads? 

Led well and could've easily had 3-4 goals. His kicking around the ground was better than most of his team mates too.

Just get someone to come to the club to do some set shot work over the pre-season. Another pre-season in the gym and plenty of goal kicking practice will hold him in good stead.

I can't wait until he starts to tear games apart.