Joey finger-twirls us to victory - 2020 round 14 vs Dawks

What was said at half time?

Really missed watching Daniher. Easily our most important player and weā€™ve been without him for 3 years. You can spin any way you want but losing him to another club is just about the most devastating thing you could see as an EFC fan.

10 Likes

Tell you what, I went through an absolute whirlwind of emotions with that game, and reading the thread iā€™m sure everyone did :rofl:

Daniher really was the difference, but we had some magnificent players in the second half. Zerrett, McGrath, Shiel, Parish, Langford, Saad and even Clarke popping up with a couple of goals.

The players looked so lost early, and iā€™m not sure that happened to change it. This is a game style which suits our boys and I hope they stick with it. When you attack and pressure like we did, it also relieves the pressure off the defence.

Also, Hooker forward! Heā€™s usually good for a couple and very important to our structure.

3 Likes

ā€œwoosha, youā€™re back at the helmā€

2 Likes

How do I call off that suicide bomber I engaged at half time??? He should be at Tullamarine about 9pm!!!

3 Likes

How good was Huddo calling the game, it was like he was one of us and expressed all the high and lows we were going through

8 Likes

ā€œIā€™ll take over from here John.ā€ - Ben Rutten

23 Likes

alochol and low expectations really do make an essendon game feel not as bad.

Did people notice on JDā€™s post game interview he said something along the lines of:

ā€œHopefully play out the year and keep moving forward WITH THE CLUBā€.

11 Likes

Pull the finger out or youā€™ll be staying in Adelaide for 2021

The joy was back in the second half. Iā€™ve missed it for so, so long.

The coaches need to have a look and just learn from that second half. Scrap the circle-work handball game and play to the strengths of the squad.

For a midfield full of midgets, Shiel, McGrath and Merrett were HUGE.

Credit where itā€™s due, that second half was unbelievable.

3 Likes

@westozziebomber threatened to post The Truth part3.

19 Likes

Some of Joeā€™s field kickingšŸ‘Œ

12 Likes

moving hooker forward did 2 things

1 it made all the hawthorn defenders accountable .

2 it gave us another target to kick it to

scrimshaw dissapeared after half time he was the guy that quarter backs them

2 Likes

Was at footy training for the first half, listened to the third quarter on the way home and watched the final quarter. Not sure i will watch the first half. What were the major changes? Structural, or did our intensity just lift?? Joe, Stringer, Hooker, Stewart, Tippa, Moz is a pretty wild forward line!! Go dons

1 Like

In which multiverse did Hurley play?

2 Likes

typo hooker it is

He was actually moved right out of the team.

Good point re Hooker though.

Dare we say it ā€¦ well coached

in the hurlooker verse

That second half. I donā€™t have a voice, I was off the couch going nuts!

Btw where is the thread for the Eagles game?

Kennedy just copped a knee to the head and hasnā€™t returned to the field.

1 Like